• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Apple announces 3 new phones

DjDan

Oakley Expert
Florida
Today, Apple announced 3 new phones. The Iphone 8, The Iphone 8 Plus and Iphone X.

The Iphone 8 & 8 Plus are your typical run the grade Iphone updates we've become used too. Slightly better camera as well as processors ect..

The Iphone X (aka Ten) is where the real difference is. Finally an Iphone that features an edge-to-edge screen and glass on both the front and back. The case is made of stainless steel. The iPhone X does not have a "home button." To wake up the phone, simply tap on the screen. To get to the home screen, simply swipe up from the bottom.Face ID will be used to unlock the iPhone X. Users will simply have to look at the phone to unlock it.

They say the chance of a random person unlocking the iPhone X with Face ID is 1 in 1 million, compared to 1 in 50,000 with the Touch ID

The Iphone X & Iphone 8 will also offer wireless charging in 2018.

Iphone 8 pricing will start at $699, Iphone Plus $799 and the Iphone X starting at $999.

The world of $1,000 phones is here, and I don't know if I see them going away.

Today, Apple announced 3 new phones. The Iphone 8, The Iphone 8 Plus and Iphone X.

The Iphone 8 & 8 Plus are your typical run the grade Iphone updates we've become used too. Slightly better camera as well as processors ect..

The Iphone X (aka Ten) is where the real difference is. Finally an Iphone that features an edge-to-edge screen and glass on both the front and back. The case is made of stainless steel. The iPhone X does not have a "home button." To wake up the phone, simply tap on the screen. To get to the home screen, simply swipe up from the bottom.Face ID will be used to unlock the iPhone X. Users will simply have to look at the phone to unlock it.

They say the chance of a random person unlocking the iPhone X with Face ID is 1 in 1 million, compared to 1 in 50,000 with the Touch ID

The Iphone X & Iphone 8 will also offer wireless charging in 2018.

Iphone 8 pricing will start at $699, Iphone Plus $799 and the Iphone X starting at $999.

The world of $1,000 phones is here, and I don't know if I see them going away.

They will sell them anyway as always. that's what Apple used to have, success in near all IPhone areas

Saw the live update thing on Reddit & how the apple stock price dropped when the face id thing didn't work at first during the demo.

Still wish I had some of that stock, even though I'm a Android fan. We have iPhones for work and I dislike them.

The only thing I think Apple has over Android is having iOS standard across phones/tablets.

I don't think the os is better than android by a long shot, but it would be nice for most of the recent devices to have the same update.
I have the S7 Edge & my wife has the S6 and we both have the most recent os, but my wife's Galaxy Tab 10.5 still has the previous android version even though it's only a few yrs old & one of the flagship tablets.

Last edited:
I used be anti Apple until I got my first Iphone (Iphone 5) and I've been hooked since. I've considered switching but every time I'm drawn back to it.

I will more likely than not be purchasing the Iphone X. I go a couple years with each and I feel I'm due to update. I've the Iphone 6 since it's launch, and almost upgrade to a 7 plus back in April when my Iphone's battery died for good, but decided $70 was worth a new battery knowing that Apple would most likely introducing a new generation Iphone in September.

Back