• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Apple Event

Just read several articles about the iPhone 6+ getting bent while being carried in a pocket... :headbang: Hope it is just a fluke, or only people wearing skinny jeans, and not a major design issue...
I read it too. I'm willing to bet that the ones getting bent are having a fair amount of pressure being applied to them. People are most likely trying to cram them into the same pockets that they were putting their older smaller iPhones in, which could prove to be difficult.
The new iPhone is a good bit thinner, so obviously that should be taken into consideration when handling roughly or storing it in a pocket. Apple puts their products through the ringer before releasing them into the wild. It's not a major design flaw.

I never had a tablet, but when I had a 4S I always wanted an iPad. When I dumped the 4S for a Note 2, I decided that the screen was comfortable enough to do what I would want to do on a tablet, so I gave up on the iPad. I went back to iphone 5S since then due to iMessaging, but the screen is too small for my liking and I had again thought about getting an iPad. Now that the 6+ is out (and I ordered it) I'm no longer wanting a tablet since the screen size will match the Note 2 (with much better resolution). If you have a full size iPad now, and that's what you are used to, a 6+ might still feel too small for you. It's hard for me to say since I have not had one.
I had an iPad before I dumped it for a Note 2 as well. I felt like I could get away with having a phablet. Moved to the Note 3. And silly me, I bought a Nexus 7 a couple of months ago. I am always interrupted by phone calls on the Note 3...a tablet solved that for me. Lol. I can always use a larger tablet, but it isn't that serious.

A few years ago I was working on a project at Verizon's offices in NJ. A gadget-guy co-worker proudly pulled out his new Verizon smartphone and and separate Verizon hotspot. The Verizon guys started snickering and saying to each other, "are you thinking what I'm thinking?" "Yeah..."

So finally they come out with it - "why don't you just use your smartphone as a hotspot?"

My coworker had an immediate answer - "Because you can't talk on the phone and use the web at the same time!!!"

That shut them up... :D

A few years ago I was working on a project at Verizon's offices in NJ. A gadget-guy co-worker proudly pulled out his new Verizon smartphone and and separate Verizon hotspot. The Verizon guys started snickering and saying to each other, "are you thinking what I'm thinking?" "Yeah..."

So finally they come out with it - "why don't you just use your smartphone as a hotspot?"

My coworker had an immediate answer - "Because you can't talk on the phone and use the web at the same time!!!"

That shut them up... :D
Lol... I actually used my Verizon phone as a hotspot and conversed on it at the same time last year lol. It was nice, though.

I read it too. I'm willing to bet that the ones getting bent are having a fair amount of pressure being applied to them. People are most likely trying to cram them into the same pockets that they were putting their older smaller iPhones in, which could prove to be difficult.
The new iPhone is a good bit thinner, so obviously that should be taken into consideration when handling roughly or storing it in a pocket. Apple puts their products through the ringer before releasing them into the wild. It's not a major design flaw.

It's a wake up call for fatties and skinny jean hipsters. :p The rolled edges and ultra thin profile they use now in contrast from the previous box design frame sacrificed rigidity. Why anyone would expect to cram a phone that size in a front or back pocket and sit down with it without issue is beyond me.

It's a wake up call for fatties and skinny jean hipsters. :p The rolled edges and ultra thin profile they use now in contrast from the previous box design frame sacrificed rigidity. Why anyone would expect to cram a phone that size in a front or back pocket and sit down with it without issue is beyond me.

Lol... They can just put it in an OtterBox. Or buy an LG G Flex instead :lolsign:

Back