• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Are These Real?

Zax

Chicago
Just making sure if these are real or not. Meeting with the seller in a couple of days, and don't want to waste time if they aren't real lol. I have no knowledge, but I'm almost certain these are the Splice. These look like the Rootbeer, but the pictures look so different...

8SlH3.jpg

QW9Br.jpg

I also noticed that a few on eBay have the OAKLEY sign across the nose, while some don't. I can't tell, but it doesn't look like these do...

My Emerald Splice didn't have Oakley across the nose bridge but SpliceD's did. I think it just depends on when they were made.

They do look like a Splice...and I am no expert to tell you if they are authentic or not. With regards to the OAKLEY on the nose.....I have two pairs of Oakley Fives 2.0. One pair has the OAKLEY totally worn off the nose. The other one simply say "OA EY". They 'OAKLEY' will eventually wear off.

I think some of the Splice had OAKLEY on the bridge and others did not.

Is there anything specific I should check upon close inspection? I just don't want to buy a replica haha. It's at such a steal, that I am a little cautious.

Awesome reference! I wasn't sure if they were legit with the bronze look. Could be lighting though. Seeing him Monday to check em out and pick them up if they are appropriate. I will look for the screws and the arms. Any ideas how good the fakes are and the differences? He also says there is a light scratch on the inside of one lens, so hopefully it isn't too bad. Amazing deal though.

Have you ever held a Splice in person? Obviously easier to tell when you have. If you haven't, just be careful and look for the usual tell tale signs of fakes. I haven't seen many fakes of the Splice, but i did see someone wearing a weird colorway once.

Latest Posts

Back