• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Are WireTap Lenses Replaceable/Interchangeable?

mrnobudy

Oakley Beginner
Saw a pair of Wiretaps at the store the other day, and will keep them in mind for getting 'scrip lenses for in the future.

Have a question though, are the lenses changeable/removable? Like Flaks and Half wires? or are they 'permanent'?

One reason is that I can order through work and get a great discount on the frames, but that only works if the lenses are removable. I did that with a pair of Boomstands I had for normal 'script glasses.

Thanks!!

I had a pair of Wiretaps with multiple lenses... I wasn't comfortable swapping the lenses often. As headpatrolman mentioned, there is a screw for each lens. But you also have to sort of flex the frame to get the lens into its slot. The screw is almost unnecessary. With metal frames, especially half-rims, you have a risk of scratching the lenses if you slip. 9 times out of 10 any marks on the lens will be made in an area that ends up being covered by the frame, but there's always a small chance...

Thanks! Now to just save up some to get the frames! And then a waiting game for insurance to roll over for new lenses, hah!

Latest Posts

Back