• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Do all Tincans use screws to retain their lenses?

GNprime

Oakley Beginner
I bought a set of Tincan Carbons when they came out. It uses screws to keep the lenses in place. Just recently the bows started to crack. Fearing they would suffer the same fate as my Tinfoil Carbons and start to crumble apart, I started shopping around for replacement glasses. I bought a used pair of Tincans (no carbon bows) off of Mercari. They are in nearly perfect condition. But my issue is with the lenses. They have a rose colored tint to them, which gives me a headache. I wanted to replace them, but I can't get them out. Every video I have found for replacing them, has the removal of screws just like the Carbons. Did I buy a fake pair of Tincans? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I tried searching this forum and couldn't find anything about it. Thanks in advance.

I bought a set of Tincan Carbons when they came out. It uses screws to keep the lenses in place. Just recently the bows started to crack. Fearing they would suffer the same fate as my Tinfoil Carbons and start to crumble apart, I started shopping around for replacement glasses. I bought a used pair of Tincans (no carbon bows) off of Mercari. They are in nearly perfect condition. But my issue is with the lenses. They have a rose colored tint to them, which gives me a headache. I wanted to replace them, but I can't get them out. Every video I have found for replacing them, has the removal of screws just like the Carbons. Did I buy a fake pair of Tincans? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I tried searching this forum and couldn't find anything about it. Thanks in advance.
I recommend to post some pictures.

Sorry didn't think about adding pictures. Hopefully these will work.

20231008_002248.jpg

20231008_002258.jpg

20231008_002319.jpg

20231008_002405.jpg

I thought they did use screws, in a few of your pictures I think I can see where the screw holds the lens together. If you are still unsure could you visit an eye doctor and see if they can remove the lenses.

I thought they did use screws, in a few of your pictures I think I can see where the screw holds the lens together. If you are still unsure could you visit an eye doctor and see if they can remove the lenses.
That is where my Carbons hold together, but these don't. It is a solid piece with no screw and no split. But I will find a shop around me and go that route. Thanks!

Back