• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prism lenses causing sickness

I hate having to be the one to state that which is obvious, but we all know that Oakley’s are as close to perfect as one could hope for. So clearly the fault here lies with you and your inferior eyeballs, might only be one of them, who knows or cares i say.
Have you tried using a spoon to pop your worrisome human defects out, throwing them away with your normal trash and never speaking of this travesty ever again?
No? Would you mind awfully… thanks. ;-)
You good bro? 😂 . No doubt Oakley is King. Thats why I own thousands of dollars worth and have joined a forum devoted to one thing. Sarcasm maybe?

You good bro? 😂 . No doubt Oakley is King. Thats why I own thousands of dollars worth and have joined a forum devoted to one thing. Sarcasm maybe?
I’d hazard a guess that recommending one scoop out their eyes is definitely sarcasm at the very least.

Only just picked up on this thread but I had a pair of Prizm Field (acquired off a member on here I have satisfactorily had many lenses off) in my XM Romeo. I swapped them back out to the original Black Iridium as I could wear them for a couple of hours and they would give me a headache & Nausea.

I have DWP in my Plasma R1, I gather these are a Prizm lens too, And no problem🤔

Yes indeed sarcasm sir, my apologies that it wasn’t more obvious.
I too am afflicted with the curse of “Mucho Oakley Love ❤️“ (unfortunately not sarcasm lol) and I too have spent waaaaay too many of my vary hard earned dosh on as much Oakley Sunglasses and anything else associated with Oakley as possible.

Respect to you and everyone else on here carrying the torch of excellence that is Oakley.

Peace and love brother,
Mat ✌🏻❤️🇬🇧

I hate having to be the one to state that which is obvious, but we all know that Oakley’s are as close to perfect as one could hope for. So clearly the fault here lies with you and your inferior eyeballs, might only be one of them, who knows or cares i say.
Have you tried using a spoon to pop your worrisome human defects out, throwing them away with your normal trash and never speaking of this travesty ever again?
No? Would you mind awfully… thanks. ;-)
p.s Thanks to the 2 dudes that got the joke and sent me laughing emojis, thought I might get into trouble so, Cheers guy’s

Polarized lens (from any major brand) have always given me the headache, nausea feeling. I recently tried the Prism non polarized lens and get the same nauseous feeling, just not as intense. As stated above, each individual’s eyes are different. Some of us just have to look thru life without polarized or Prism lenses.

just got a new pair of turbine xs, with prizm daily polarized lenses, which I'd always yearned for. Previoulsy, I had been a bit worried about size issues, but actually they look pretty smooth with the matte black frame on my L size head, so it's true that Turbine XS is not only for kids sizewise.
However, after two days of testing it riding a motorbike mostly, I decided to return them, because the heavy curvature of the lenses on my slightly bigger size head combined with the heavy polarizing effect these lenses have caused some 'disturbance in the force'. First it felt like a slight headache after taking them of, the second or third time it was more of an unability to focus as sharply as without the lenses; although it initially gives very crisp, sharp contures, I feel your eyes get used to it so much that it distorts your normal focusing ability and this combined with the base curvature of about 8-9 it is just to much for my eyes to take and get back to normal vision after wearing them
I also have basically all types of prizm polar and non-polar and never experienced this thing before. Maybe it's just prizm daily pol....?

Back