• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

At what point is a tuneup necessary?

GhostSnacks

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Hi all, The nose bridge on one of my Juliets is starting to show signs of slight flexing. It's by no means loose, still very much solid i just don't have much of a gague as to when a tuneup is necessary.

Would be great to hear some expert opinions.

🤙

When it starts to bug you, the owner.
There's stories of guys that wore their X-metals till there's zero life left in the bridge.
I suppose that makes sense hahaha.
There's absolutely no way in hell i would let my beloved x-metals get to that point

For you, what stage of flexing is enough for you to do a tuneup?
appreciate it mate.

On a 1 thru 10 scale, 10 being the tightest. I'll probably handle only up to a 6 or 7. But I also know how to do my own tune-ups. :cool-33:🤙
Yeah that sounds about right,
I would say my current Juliet's are sitting around 7-8/10, i think once they get down to around 5/10 i'll send them in for a tuneup.

Thanks for the help bud ! 🤙

Hi all, The nose bridge on one of my Juliets is starting to show signs of slight flexing. It's by no means loose, still very much solid i just don't have much of a gague as to when a tuneup is necessary.

Would be great to hear some expert opinions.

🤙
That's actually a great question.
Not only for your personal comfort but also in case you decide to sell your X-Metal and have to rate the bridge condition.
I think the nose bridge should not bend when you hold your frame horizontal lenses face up.
The nose bridge should not wiggle when you shake your frame holding the frame on one orbital.
The Flex-Couplers should not be oozing out between the Orbital and Bridge.

The problem is, what feels good to one feels loose to the next guy.
It's a personal preference.
Me, I like some flex due to my wider head.
I can't stand X-Metal that do not flex at all.

Last edited:
That's actually a great question.
Not only for your personal comfort but also in case you decide to sell your X-Metal and have to rate the bridge condition.
I think the nose bridge should not bend when you hold your frame horizontal lenses face up.
The nose bridge should not wiggle when you shake your frame holding the frame on one orbital.
The Flex-Couplers should not be oozing out between the Orbital and Bridge.

The problem is, what feels good to one feels loose to the next guy.
It's a personal preference.
Me, I like some flex due to my wider head.
I can't stand X-Metal that do not flex at all.
Yep i totally agree with you on all accounts. :cool: 🤙
Thankfully the Juliet is still solid enough to not wobble when held or shaken. It'll be interesting to see how it holds up considering it gets worn near daily.

Also i've picked up a penny that very recently had a tuneup and has little to no flex at all, it was quite surprising how tight near a close to factory tuneup is.

cheers for the input !

Yep i totally agree with you on all accounts. :cool: 🤙
Thankfully the Juliet is still solid enough to not wobble when held or shaken. It'll be interesting to see how it holds up considering it gets worn near daily.

Also i've picked up a penny that very recently had a tuneup and has little to no flex at all, it was quite surprising how tight near a close to factory tuneup is.

cheers for the input !
I would not know how tight the X-Metal was sold and came out of the boxes.
But I can't imagine they came super tight and without flex.
I bought some Juliets that have never been worn and they were tight but with a flex.
Without a flex you can weld em like this guy did to his Juliet.
Its in my possession now.
I removed the pins for show.

68FE9BE6-6FAE-46E0-AB16-8ABC420E65E4.jpeg
8EE48A9F-1345-49D5-8001-EACD6C734591.jpeg
418C4402-91BA-4C62-AA09-D5EE5A7815F9.jpeg
7DBE8F36-76D5-4C26-A1BA-9E58BF6BA643.jpeg
B7F677F9-236B-473B-8C7B-AA0FDE9CB49C.jpeg
AD085E76-C382-4668-8B30-67D5CD75BC13.jpeg

I would not know how tight the X-Metal was sold and came out of the boxes.
But I can't imagine they came super tight and without flex.
I bought some Juliets that have never been worn and they were tight but with a flex.
Without a flex you can weld em like this guy did to his Juliet.
Its in my possession now.
I removed the pins for show.

View attachment 1044365View attachment 1044366View attachment 1044367View attachment 1044368View attachment 1044369View attachment 1044370
well that's certainly one way to keep it factory tight hahaha

Latest Posts

Back