• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Bad Moon Rising

Just got my pair back from ChrisA with the new sapphire prizim lenses. They look 👀 great, thanks ChrisA.

6AA91E4B-7E45-478F-B83E-6C33048847A4.jpeg

2C6DA87E-50E3-4614-9B83-27DD8E42E5CC.jpeg

Hmm...now I must find a pair... 🪖 👍

...is that a crack on the top of the right occular @LDS84?
Yes, unfortunately the original lenses were very bad so I wanted to replace them. The O matter plastic is notoriously extremely brittle in the moon frame. I contacted Chris about replacing them and he told me it would be every possible the frame would not be able to take the stress. But, as I only wanted to have them to display (they are rare) I was willing to roll the dice, unfortunately they did crack but a touch of super glue to repair them.

Yes, unfortunately the original lenses were very bad so I wanted to replace them. The O matter plastic is notoriously extremely brittle in the moon frame. I contacted Chris about replacing them and he told me it would be every possible the frame would not be able to take the stress. But, as I only wanted to have them to display (they are rare) I was willing to roll the dice, unfortunately they did crack but a touch of super glue to repair them.

Ugh!

Still looks great and an interesting addition to any collection I’d say

🪖👍

I would say the Moon is slightly shorter from front to back, and the width from ear to ear looks about the same. The Moons orbitals appear bigger. I don't know if it's because the plastic looks slightly thicker than the metal Crater.

Back