• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Badman customs

@GH4AU Hey there! When you swapped out the lenses on your Dark Carbon Frames...did you scratch the finish? Mine did when I was removing the top screws. I remember being very careful while removing it but it still scratched around the edges where you insert the torque screw driver. I was horrified and very disappointed to see this happen! :( I now lined my torque screw driver with shrink wrap and have gone to the gun store to get Aluminum Black. I'm going to try and see if I can fix that part where the thin anodized layer scratched off. Grrrrr! :eek:

Love the plasma/ruby!

Will Oakley eventually release ruby replacement lenses or will I just have to pony up and buy 2?

I've also thought about just buying the carbon/ruby and having the metal pieces cerakoted grey like the x metal color.

@GH4AU Hey there! When you swapped out the lenses on your Dark Carbon Frames...did you scratch the finish? Mine did when I was removing the top screws. I remember being very careful while removing it but it still scratched around the edges where you insert the torque screw driver. I was horrified and very disappointed to see this happen! :( I now lined my torque screw driver with shrink wrap and have gone to the gun store to get Aluminum Black. I'm going to try and see if I can fix that part where the thin anodized layer scratched off. Grrrrr! :eek:
I actually did scratch the finish on one of my pairs. It is very thin and easy to scratch. I am quite disappointed with the finish quality. I still love the Badmans though.

I actually did scratch the finish on one of my pairs. It is very thin and easy to scratch. I am quite disappointed with the finish quality. I still love the Badmans though.
Time for you to send me the ruined pair lol

Time for you to send me the ruined pair lol
Funny you mention that. I actually broke a pair also. I haven't posted about it yet. I was gently prying the orbital apart to remove one of the lenses and that fu**er snapped right into two pieces. Now I have a broken orbital.

Funny you mention that. I actually broke a pair also. I haven't posted about it yet. I was gently prying the orbital apart to remove one of the lenses and that fu**er snapped right into two pieces. Now I have a broken orbital.
Damn! That sucks. I think someone else on the forum broke his while replacing the lenses.

But no, don't send me that one.

@GH4AU, I was actually able to fix the scratch on my Dark Carbon Frame with Aluminum Black. You won't be able to tell the difference after the treatment. However, it is insignificant right now since I had those from custom cerakoted to an X-Metal Finish. So sorry to hear about your broken orbitals. But I think those can be repaired. We have a guy here that can Tig Weld broken frames. Maybe you can find someone there that can do the same and then just have it cerakoted afterwards. But yeah...these things are weak! :(

Last edited: