• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ballast Needed For Single Black Display Cabinet

NCHornet

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Bought a used display cabinet and was told all the lights worked. After the 2 hour drive down to get it, and then back to the house, I find that the lights don't work. This is the single door black display with 4 glass shelves in the upper section, and a single metal door below where you can store things. This case uses fluorescent F15t8 bulbs top and bottom. Turns out all 4 bulbs were bad, 40 bucks later, now top works but Nada on the bottom. Multimeter easily tracked it down to a ballast is the problem. The ballast used is a Pilot Power Technology model no EBU40-2/F15T8. However I have been able to track one of these down. Ran around today trying to find one that would work, but our small town turned up nothing. I have found other ballasts that I believe will work but I thought someone on the forum might be able to give me a link to a ballast that will certainly work. Electrical isn't a specialty of mine so if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.
Thanks
NCH

Last edited:
Thank you for the link. I was down in the city yesterday and hit several electrical and lighting places up and finally scored what I needed. For some reason I didn't get the email about your reply, but like I said, thank you very much. It's good to have the lights working again.
NCH

Thank you for the link. I was down in the city yesterday and hit several electrical and lighting places up and finally scored what I needed. For some reason I didn't get the email about your reply, but like I said, thank you very much. It's good to have the lights working again.
NCH
What did you find as a suitable replacement

What did you find as a suitable replacement

Here’s what I used:
9c0baec14a8c876f936cbf12b8b03f25.jpg

zcrxsi’s ongoing collection

Was anyone able to get the wires from the ballast to the end holders out of the end holder side? If so any tips?

thank you

Latest Posts

Back