• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Best Prescription Oakley Glasses?

RonVickery84

Oakley Beginner
So, it's time for me to get some new Rx glasses and I really want some Oakley frames. I prefer low profile frames, like wire frames, semi-rimless. I really like the Keel frames in chrome, but the reviews on oakley.com say they're really fragile and have several design flaws. Aside from the Keel, I like the clubface in pewter, lizard in brushed chrome and the jackknife 4.0.
Anybody have any thoughts on these frames, or similar wire and semi-rimless/rimless? I work in warehousing, so I don't want to buy something flimsy.

I had the clubface in pewter for about 2 years... I wear contacts 99% of the time though. The clubface fit me well and held up pretty well, I only got one small nick in the coloring, which lets a silver show through. It sort of stands out and bothers me, but others probably don't notice. I recently got a new prescription and had it put into a crosslink pitch rx frame. I can't get Oakley lenses though; they don't accommodate my blindness of -9.0 haha.

Find an Oakley store with an Optician. Many frames allow for RX lenses. A good optician can guide you. On a side note I had a pair of e wires that I wanted to have done in prescription. They told me Oakley doesn't do RX Lenses for those. Not happy about that. I'll be taking a trip back to look at alternatives.

Went to LensCrafters (they're not in my network) to try on some Oakley Rx frames and I really like the tincup 0.5 in powdered steel. I'm pretty sure I'm going with those, as long as I can find them in powdered steel, in network.

I've a pair of Straightline 4.0, (low profile wires) and love 'em.
Reminiscent of the Wiretap 1Gen, but more of a squared lens look.
You'd have to lurk Eboy for 'em, and fair warning, I'm looking for a second pair...
oakley-straight-line-4-black-pewter+me++productPageLarge.jpg

I wound up going with the tincup 0.5 in powdered steel. My optical shop didn't have any on hand, so they sent off for a pair. They came in last Thursday, I went to try them on Friday. I really liked them and my wife LOVED them. Now they're being sent out to get them lenses put in. They're saying they should be back in 7-10 business days. Once they come back I'll post some pics in the recent purchases thread.

Back