• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Blue Steel Holbrook

Didn't realize that there's two different XL sizes.
there isnt. there are XS, Regular, and XL...all different
I’m not so sure. It’s a 9102 sku, which is typical for the standard Holbrook. Holbrook XL would be a 9417 sku. I guess you will know soon enough tho!
so for some reason, oakleysi and oakley have alllllll the holbrook frames listed as "XL" and no one seems to understand why. so yes, OO9417 are XL's and OO9102 are regular.
I want someone to pick up that Brass one so I can see what it looks like IRL...lol
couldnt find the brass ones yesterday but i'll look again today

IMG_9673.jpeg
IMG_9675.jpeg
IMG_9676.jpeg
IMG_9678.jpeg
IMG_9679.jpeg
IMG_9680.jpeg

I've got to say that i'm disappointed. The O's at the end of the arms were terribly done. The casting is pretty sharp at the end of the tip of the arms and I scratch myself putting them on. There's a weird flat spot on the nose area, but that doesn't bother me as much. I would've expected a USA made pair to be of better quality.

Last edited:
View attachment 1068097View attachment 1068098View attachment 1068099View attachment 1068100View attachment 1068101View attachment 1068102

I've got to say that i'm disappointed. The O's at the end of the arms were terribly done. The casting is pretty sharp at the end of the tip of the arms and I scratch myself putting them on. There's a weird flat spot on the nose area, but that doesn't bother me as much. I would've expected a USA made pair to be of better quality.
Weird, that's the same type of flat spot as the eye jackets...

i mean, sucks the quality isnt that great. i got the brass tax pair coming. hope they arent in the same shape quality wise.
on another note, the blue steel does look neat. i would def throw in another lens. sapphire would work haha or chrome. hmmm

i mean, sucks the quality isnt that great. i got the brass tax pair coming. hope they arent in the same shape quality wise.
on another note, the blue steel does look neat. i would def throw in another lens. sapphire would work haha or chrome. hmmm

I have Sapphires coming in tomorrow from OakleyReseller. I was thinking about trying that combo out before I return them.

Back