• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Born out of Boredom Gascan.

24/7/365 that's rough, I'm too old for that sh!t.

Been doing it for 6 years now. Kids are old enough now to actually be able to do things so i wanna be able to to things with them. But always being on call i always gotta stay in the area so i cant take them to go do things. At this point im pretty much over and ready to have a life again. So change will be coming in the future thats for sure. This sh!t is surely for the birds

Been doing it for 6 years now. Kids are old enough now to actually be able to do things so i wanna be able to to things with them. But always being on call i always gotta stay in the area so i cant take them to go do things. At this point im pretty much over and ready to have a life again. So change will be coming in the future thats for sure. This sh!t is surely for the birds

Been trying to get that through my son's head. He works the 11-7 (+OT) graveyard shift in one of NJ Transit's train yards. I don't think he gets to see my granddaughter more than a couple hours a day. I told him "you make a ton of money but it'll never be enough to buy back her childhood".

Been trying to get that through my son's head. He works the 11-7 (+OT) graveyard shift in one of NJ Transit's train yards. I don't think he gets to see my granddaughter more than a couple hours a day. I told him "you make a ton of money but it'll never be enough to buy back her childhood".

I hear that. The first few years it was like ok they are small cant really do anything. But now soon to be 6 and 7 they are big enough. Only get one chance to enjoy it. Growing up with out an old man around i always said i wont be that guy. Lucky to see the kids for 2 hrs a day. Normal shift is 8 to 5 but thats very few and far. its normally a 12 hr day plus what ever after hour calls come in. Then the weekends consist of constantly in and out. Got plenty of time to make money when they get older. I dont got them nice nj transit beni`s but the hourly rate does make it difficult to leave.

I hear that. The first few years it was like ok they are small cant really do anything. But now soon to be 6 and 7 they are big enough. Only get one chance to enjoy it. Growing up with out an old man around i always said i wont be that guy. Lucky to see the kids for 2 hrs a day. Normal shift is 8 to 5 but thats very few and far. its normally a 12 hr day plus what ever after hour calls come in. Then the weekends consist of constantly in and out. Got plenty of time to make money when they get older. I dont got them nice nj transit beni`s but the hourly rate does make it difficult to leave.

I know mean what you mean. Been there done that. I'm in the same boat at my job. The benefits are so-so, but I make damn good money that I'm not ready to give up just yet. Just trying to make the next 2 years,10 months and 3 weeks (not that I'm counting) till retirement at 62, not taking a chance on waiting any longer than that.

I know mean what you mean. Been there done that. I'm in the same boat at my job. The benefits are so-so, but I make damn good money that I'm not ready to give up just yet. Just trying to make the next 2 years,10 months and 3 weeks (not that I'm counting) till retirement at 62, not taking a chance on waiting any longer than that.

Lol well in 33 years retirement probably won't be an option. My beni's are below so-so. But the money's good and I don't know about everybody else but I enjoy eating steak and potatoes on sundays. And I'm pretty sure that if I leave the company for something else it'll probably result in a hefty pay cut so it's a no win situation that's difficult. But we'll see how things turn out come tax time. I'm giving myself until then for the final decision

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Those turned out great Rick. Love that metallic grey with that blue...******* delicious brother. I think I like that better than your Pimp Daddy Gold

Latest Posts

Back