• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

BulletProof!!!

What would you pay for making an Oakley backpack bullet proof?

• 100-200 plus pack

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 200-300 plus pack

• 300-400 plus pack

• Kitchen Sink plus 100

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Kitchen Sink plus 200

• Kitchen Sink plus 300

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

Brian Wallis

Oakley Beginner
Hi guys, brand spanking new and just signed up. Just learned about the forums and here we go!!! I don't know all the rules as I just signed up 10 min ago so let me know if I break any. Hopefully you all don't consider this spam. I am not enclosing any links, company names etc. I make things bullet proof for folks and a new customer said I want my Kitchen Sink bullet proofed. I looked at the guy and said that's the strangest request I've ever heard... Why do you want your sink bullet proofed? He looked at me and said you make backpacks bullet proof right? I said sure do but I'm stumped on this one. He smiled and said I've got a bad ass Oakley Kitchen Sink backpack and I want it bullet proofed. Ding ding ding..... ah! So we looked at it and I figured out how to do it. I'm looking for price input from you all. What would you pay for a bullet proofed Oakley Kitchen Sink backpack ready to go or what would you pay for me to bullet proof whatever Oakley backpack you have? I'll post some pics just as soon as I can find a pretty girl to hold still a sec... There are no tags, it's 1.5 lbs heaver and it stops a 44 mag! Would love to hear from you all! Please choose something on the poll and then I can post a real poll somewhere else in the forums and start really narrowing down on the nuts and bolts. I WILL NOT make anything bullet proof for anybody here on the forums until I figure out with a moderator what I need to do to make sure I follow the rules. Happy to buy ad space or whatever I need to do.

Last edited:
This is interesting.

Are you supposed to supply the kitchen sinks or expect the customers to bring them in to you?

I've got a whole bunch of them but like you said that's an interesting request.

I think asking what we would pay kinda sucks as some have no clue the work involved. Let's say you know it costs you $50 to do it and a bunch of us here say we would be willing to pay $300?

;)

Welcome to the forum

I walked into the Oakley store and talked with the manager because everything has to be on the up and up. I told him that I needed one for a customer and he really blew me away with fantastic customer service. (lots of people freak right out when you say you want to sell their product bullet proof and he did not freak right out like most people) They were super cool and I said I buy it so it's "used" and modify it like a limo company does. Then there is no liability from the original manufacturer. I can have you ship them to myself, mod them and then charge 150 plus shipping. Or I can sell you the Kitchen Sink "new and up armored" for 400 including shipping and a free t-shirt. I can modify anybody's bag... Either way I think it's about the same... I have to place a HUGE order with my composite supplier to really lower my price (5500.00 or so worth of panels!!!! yuk...) I'm still looking around to see where I can get these bags cheaper than 200 each. It's a lot more than 50 bucks each to bullet proof each bag.... I buy the composite panels, the Kevlar panels are custom cut by a $150,000.00 machine, mailed to me, inspected, double hermetically bagged, sewn into the bag and then shipped. You will never know the panel is in there unless you know where to look.
Thank you for the input Frank :)

Last edited:
Interesting idea indeed.

My thought is if Plan A is a bullet proof backpack because you might get shot in the back throughout your day...you should really have a Plan B.

;)

I walked into the Oakley store and talked with the manager because everything has to be on the up and up. I told him that I needed one for a customer and he really blew me away with fantastic customer service. (lots of people freak right out when you say you want to sell their product bullet proof and he did not freak right out like most people) They were super cool and I said I buy it so it's "used" and modify it like a limo company does. Then there is no liability from the original manufacturer. I can have you ship them to myself, mod them and then charge 150 plus shipping. Or I can sell you the Kitchen Sink "new and up armored" for 400 including shipping and a free t-shirt. I can modify anybody's bag... Either way I think it's about the same... I have to place a HUGE order with my composite supplier to really lower my price (5500.00 or so worth of panels!!!! yuk...) I'm still looking around to see where I can get these bags cheaper than 200 each. It's a lot more than 50 bucks each to bullet proof each bag.... I buy the composite panels, the Kevlar panels are custom cut by a $150,000.00 machine, mailed to me, inspected, double hermetically bagged, sewn into the bag and then shipped. You will never know the panel is in there unless you know where to look.
Thank you for the input Frank :)
I like the idea. A LOT.

This is interesting.

Are you supposed to supply the kitchen sinks or expect the customers to bring them in to you?

I've got a whole bunch of them but like you said that's an interesting request.

I think asking what we would pay kinda sucks as some have no clue the work involved. Let's say you know it costs you $50 to do it and a bunch of us here say we would be willing to pay $300?

;)

Welcome to the forum
One would only assume you sir were the customer needing the bulletproof backpack....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sounds like a cool idea for a "go bag".... .. normally I would not suggest turning your back to the people shooting at you but hey if you had one of these your odds might just go up. Maybe they have valuable cargo to carry?

Back