• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buyer Beware - Mars Scam

jtr2kwl

Oakley Beginner
Hi All,

I came across the following ad on letgo for the NYC area for a pair of Mars, and I wanted to share to make sure no one falls into the scam!

I contacted the seller to pickup the Mars. At that point, he mentioned that he had just moved to rochester, but he could ship the glasses if I paid with paypal. He even offered to allow me to pay half up front and half on receipt! Well, I still felt a little unusual about the situation. I found the same photos he used in an old eBay ad from sometime back. When I confronted him about this, the seller insisted that was his ad several years ago. At this point, I knew what was going on, but I still asked him to send more picture to my email. He did, and the serial number was quite visibly different different!! I pointed out that the serial number was different, and he promptly blocked me.

I just wanted to point this out in case anyone on this forum comes across the same ad!

Yea this guy and a few others commonly grab pictures from eBay and trys to sell it as give me half now but it must be F&F. They have been burned in the past lmao 🤣. I even found a crater listed on letgo that I bought on eBay listed for sale. He quikly pulled that one down 🤣

Yea this guy and a few others commonly grab pictures from eBay and trys to sell it as give me half now but it must be F&F. They have been burned in the past lmao 🤣. I even found a crater listed on letgo that I bought on eBay listed for sale. He quikly pulled that one down 🤣

Yeah, I have to say the guy really isn't that smart. I had asked him to pop the nose rubber off to take a photo of the serial number under it, so he knew I was looking for the serial number! Then he sends me photos of completely different glasses...I actually laughed pretty hard. I mean, come on, try a little harder haha

He even sent me a picture with my address on it and "his" Any way to get Friends and Family Payments back?
nope. call PayPal and try to reverse but only if there are still funds in his account. Sorry.

Latest Posts

Back