• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cacatman's Jawbone/Racing Jacket Collection

I'll keep a look out for the the epic editions pops up for sale every now and again here in South Africa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, well maybe, but I doubt you have what I would trade it for. Top shelf top tier almost impossible stuff to find.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
You're right!!!

But unbelievably, I found one....from @BigRabbit!
IMG_4425.JPG
IMG_4431.JPG
IMG_4433.JPG
IMG_4435.JPG
IMG_4436.JPG
IMG_4437.JPG

Custom Infinite Hero
IMG_4442.JPG
IMG_4439.JPG
IMG_4441.JPG

Second pair of Echelons - I'm not sure if these are the polished version??
screenshot_197.png
screenshot_195.png

Last edited:
Bought my first Jawbone in about 2010 and fell in love with them.

Several years later, they were "replaced" by the (new) Racing Jacket. Oakley were allegedly facing copyright issues for the use of the name "Jawbone" by a company of the same name, which releases wireless headsets for mobile phones etc.

My only wish was that they had made a Ducati version.

I'm looking for an Atmos, Rapha (yeah, right!), Team Vegas, Fairends and custom splatter if you've got one!!! :) I have stuff to trade also.

The New Racing Jacket is essentially the same as the old Jawbone. They utilise the same sized lenses, nose pieces, "jawbone" pieces and nose and ear rubbers.

But there are a few notable differences:-
- RJs - have holes in the ear stems to attach a lanyard strap (much like their cousins, the split/wind jacket).
- RJs come with alternate and swappable O icons (and they're slightly larger compared to the un-moveable Jawbone icons).
- All RJs come with vented antifog lenses. Only some of the Jawbones do.
- Jawbone bolts compatible with the RJs but not vice versa, because the bolts are 1/4 mm longer. You risk over tightening RJ bolts in Jawbones and stripping them if you do this.

If you find any other differences, let me know and I'll update this!

Anyhow, on to the bit you've been waiting for! My Collection!

From top left, down, then top right, down:-
1. Juan Pelota - Lance Armstrong's alter ego Juan Pelota. My particular one has a signed hardcore from Lance Armstrong himself. One of 50 ever made and sold only from his shop, Mellow Johnny's Bike Shop in Texas.
2. Livestrong
3. Tour de France 2014 - Has etched lenses
4. Echelons - Matte frame. I heard there's an polished version floating around too!
5. Alinghi - has etched lenses
6. Jupiter
View attachment 311335

7. BMX Chrome
8. Retina Burn
9. Fathom
10. GP 75
11. White Ghost Text
12. Max Fear Light

View attachment 311336

13. Cape Epic
View attachment 400991