• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cannabis Industry

I wouldn’t count on receipts from Mom n’ Pop’s Pot Shop to fund your 401K any time soon.
Here, one outlet goes bust, and immediately, another owner opens in the same floor space. Sign makers are thriving, but individual outlet owners are failing, and the few corporate conglomerate licence holders that have invested hundreds of millions, are yet to see any profit.
The reason?
The local “unlicensed“ growers are able to offer better quality at substantial savings, and have a well entrenched client base, who have little incentive to walk into a store to pay more (shareholder profit, licensing fees, excise tax, certification costs, transportation and packaging costs, security, bricks n’ mortar, employees (and fees and levies associated), insurance…).
Don‘t forget, this is a commodity that anyone can grow (we are “allowed” to grow four plants for personal use).
I look forward to the day when you can go to a real honest-to-god dirt farmer to contract to grow plants for you…

I wouldn’t count on receipts from Mom n’ Pop’s Pot Shop to fund your 401K any time soon.
Here, one outlet goes bust, and immediately, another owner opens in the same floor space. Sign makers are thriving, but individual outlet owners are failing, and the few corporate conglomerate licence holders that have invested hundreds of millions, are yet to see any profit.
The reason?
The local “unlicensed“ growers are able to offer better quality at substantial savings, and have a well entrenched client base, who have little incentive to walk into a store to pay more (shareholder profit, licensing fees, excise tax, certification costs, transportation and packaging costs, security, bricks n’ mortar, employees (and fees and levies associated), insurance…).
Don‘t forget, this is a commodity that anyone can grow (we are “allowed” to grow four plants for personal use).
I look forward to the day when you can go to a real honest-to-god dirt farmer to contract to grow plants for you…
The regulation is excessive for sure. Kalifornia is a perfect example. What the adult use industry does is open the door to folks who really arent street savvy and cant find cannabis on the illicit market. surprisingly thats a lot of people. And just like brewing beer, yes you can grow, but can you grow good ****? A lot harder than you think.

The regulation is excessive for sure. Kalifornia is a perfect example. What the adult use industry does is open the door to folks who really arent street savvy and cant find cannabis on the illicit market. surprisingly thats a lot of people. And just like brewing beer, yes you can grow, but can you grow good ****? A lot harder than you think.
Sir, I take that as a challenge!!!!!

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Back