• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Can't Decide Between Fives Squared Or Twenty's

music_man185

Oakley Beginner
i'm thinking about picking up a new pair. i think i have narrowed it down to fives squared or twentys. i've tried on fives squared before, and feel that they suit me pretty well. there are pictures in the "do these suit me" thread. i've never tried on twentys, but they look like they are basically a round version of fives squared. i can't decide if i want the squared look, or the round look. i have more of a square face, so i'm not sure which style frame would suit me best.

one concern i have is that every pair of fives squared i have handled, seem to have a "cheaper" feel. and they always feel a little loose. i have read that twentys have a better feel to them.

The XX Twenty was a pretty solid pair, I've only handled the polished black version of the new Twenty and wasn't as please with the feel.

Also, keep in mind the Twenty has rubber on the earstems and nose, the Five does not.

I make it a general rule to not buy pairs before trying them on. I've been burned on pairs not fitting right a few times too many.

Twentys are way more "solid". I have a small face but the Fives always felt flimsy and not secure If your face is the right size go for Twentys but , yeah try em on first...the SI Matte Black Twentys are real nice

The XX Twenty was a pretty solid pair, I've only handled the polished black version of the new Twenty and wasn't as please with the feel.

Also, keep in mind the Twenty has rubber on the earstems and nose, the Five does not.

I make it a general rule to not buy pairs before trying them on. I've been burned on pairs not fitting right a few times too many.
I need to follow your rule and try on stuff first before buying. i've been burned many times myself.

piper is spot on with his analysis. I've got the 5 square & when I bought them from the vault at the top of International Drive in Orlando it was a question I asked regarding the feel of them. They are a very nice fit but to me don't have the same feel as the other O matter glasses. I've looked at the new twenty's & I must say I really like them. I'm looking at picking up the fmj / fire frame for my wife so she matches when I wear my Pit Bull fmj. Handsdown i'd go twenty's but you try them on to make sure.

I have to agree, the New Twentys are more solid than the Fives, and they have earsocks. However, I personally like the styling of the Fives Squared/3.0. I've got a half dozen Fives in my collection and zero Twentys. But you've got to try them out and see what feels best.

Back