• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help Needed - Broken Earpiece on Oakley Razor Blades

Horst

Oakley Beginner
Hello everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. I recently acquired a pair of Oakley Razor Blades and have been thrilled with their design. Unfortunately, I've run into a bit of a mishap - the earpiece on one of the temples has snapped off.
I tried to repair it myself by gluing it back together, but unfortunately, that didn't work. The earpiece remains loose and unstable, and it doesn't look as good as it did before. It would be a shame not to be able to use them anymore.
I would like to know if anyone here has experience with repairing Oakley sunglasses and can provide me with advice on how to properly fix the earpiece. Alternatively, I'm also in search of a replacement earpiece if that's even possible.
I would greatly appreciate your help and advice. Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Horst :)

You can find replacement arms around. eBay is probably the easiest

Hello everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. I recently acquired a pair of Oakley Razor Blades and have been thrilled with their design. Unfortunately, I've run into a bit of a mishap - the earpiece on one of the temples has snapped off.
I tried to repair it myself by gluing it back together, but unfortunately, that didn't work. The earpiece remains loose and unstable, and it doesn't look as good as it did before. It would be a shame not to be able to use them anymore.
I would like to know if anyone here has experience with repairing Oakley sunglasses and can provide me with advice on how to properly fix the earpiece. Alternatively, I'm also in search of a replacement earpiece if that's even possible.

Best regards,
Horst :)
You can still buy ear stem kits. I just sold 2 kits on eBay last week.Certain colors are going to be more difficult to find.

I file the nub that holds them at an angle till its almost nothing and they just push on without opening that much or the new one just crack again

Hello everyone,

Best regards,
Horst :) La calculadora de comisiones de PayPal considera cada detalle. Desde las comisiones locales hasta las internacionales, incluyendo las comisiones basadas en porcentajes y otras bases, esta herramienta facilita enormemente los cálculos.
I was standing in line at the store today and the guy in front of me was wearing white Oakley Blades. Are they making a come back? Or is this guy stuck in the 80s.. I remember in high school i had a clear frame with every color nose piece, lens and arms.They were cool back then but not to sure about now. Do they even make blades or razor blades still??

He probably wasn’t stuck in the 80’s. I wear a lot of old school Oakleys and I am not stuck in the 80’s. Just like other members here. But who knows & who cares, classic Oakleys are the bomb!!

I file the nub that holds them at an angle till its almost nothing and they just push on without opening that much or the new one just crack again
I wouldn’t recommend that, I’ve always had luck with soaking the end of the arm in same almost boiling water for like a minute or so and soften them up a little. That’s what I’ve always had best luck with.

I wouldn’t recommend that, I’ve always had luck with soaking the end of the arm in same almost boiling water for like a minute or so and soften them up a little. That’s what I’ve always had best luck with.
If the ear stems are cracked in the upper or lower section of the hinge area nothing helps except new ones with no cracks. Just my personal experience. Been there, done that.

Yeah once cracked your screwed but you don’t need to file down the nub at all. If you warm up the end the news ones should go right on. I’ve seen people putting the brand new arms on and they snap becuase the plastic has become brittle

Back