• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying CARBON PENNY/CORVETTE ETCHED JULIET/SGH MARS/COPPER ROMEO ETC.

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Username Hidden said:
Are you saying that serials 1-5000 are labeled “Black” ?
Correct, I have the X00636 but the box is long gone

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
Correct, I have the X00636 but the box is long gone
Such a pity bro. Think what that metal and that box low serial would be worth now!!!!! It hurts to think about it.

Username Hidden said:
Such a pity bro. Think what that metal and that box low serial would be worth now!!!!! It hurts to think about it.
If I had still had the box I'd have never sold it to him lol

Username Hidden said:
I cannot confirm markings on the frame but I would imagine it would have no serial and the 24-088 sku in relation to the time period of manufacture, and no doubt there would have been a labelled box specific to the release. A Carbon/Ruby could be paired as a custom, however the 'production' version is the one that appeals.
I wonder if they went to the expense of adding the SKU for a vendor-restricted LE - I wouldn't be entirely shocked if they used a size-only custom frame and barcode-only box. I think the box is essential for provenance on this one.

My 04-158 is a barcode-only box too by the way, I don't know if any came with picture labels.

Good luck with the search, I know you've been after all of those for a while.

Username Hidden said:
No chance on the brown Juliet. It is like finding a live DoDo.
That is one of the easiest by far on that list ;)

@Spenc for a lead on the Copper Romeo....

also, it's great to see such an esteemed collector still building his collection after seeing him scale down from his goal of 1000 pairs.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Username Hidden said:
That is one of the easiest by far on that list ;)
+1!!!

Username Hidden said:
@Spenc for a lead on the Copper Romeo....

also, it's great to see such an esteemed collector still building his collection after seeing him scale down from his goal of 1000 pairs.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Many thanks for your kind words, much appreciated. Having offloaded 525 pairs in the last three years it was the turn of the X Metals to be let loose into the wider world. Very recently I let the Brown Juliet go privately, then having gone through some others and studying various pairs for the first time in a long time, a passion developed resulting in a decision to keep the stash for now, and to continue the search for missing pieces I had hunted previously. On reflection, I should have kept the Brown, both the box and glasses were serial match uber mint.

Juliet - Brown - VR28 Black 04-129 mint box/mint glasses with matching serial recovered, all other X Metal wants still required.

Username Hidden said:
That one is the Xmen edition. Your serial is under 5000, so that means you have the Cyclop's special
That's actually a myth buddy. I had pair X000275 and they were no different than any other pair of X-serial. These rumours come about because of the unique difference in the applying of Iridium. I had a pair of penny X-metal which were first gen but were the most awesome ruby I have ever seen. I had 2 other first gen penny x ruby that were not as good. Time to put to rest this myth about the sub 5000 x-serial ruby.

Back