• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Carbon Prime Replacement Parts

pupusasrock

I should Work at Oakley
USA
I am considering purchasing a Carbon Prime. I normally wear x-metals, but I am intrigued by the Prime.

One thing I love about the x-metals is how easy it is to get parts, even aftermarket (thanks Linegear).

Wondering if there are places to get OEM or aftermarket nose pads / earsocks for the Prime. I see that there are overpriced ear socks on Ebay, but is there a good replacement for the nose pads? I also assume that the carbon prime and blade use different pads?

Any advice / thoughts would be appreciated. Not sure I want to purchase something I can't repair in the future.

Nose pads, you are probably out of luck. I've tried quite a few times (even through Oakley) and no luck. Like @Tavers suggested, @Chris A Hardaway is definitely your best bet for custom cut lenses. He has done on number for me and all of them have turned out amazingly.
Prizm Maritime Polarized
Prizm Jade Polarized
Violet Polarized
20220323_204716.jpg

As far as replacement your socks, if you go into a Sunglass Hut, ask them to order replacement parts for "OO9429" (The Siphon) and say you want to buy the ear socks, you can have them ordered. I've bought a few Blue & Black sets and the only cost ~$7. For some reason, they never seem to have the red available. The best bet to obtain those is poach them off of a Black & Ruby Siphon
20220323_204758.jpg

Nose pads, you are probably out of luck. I've tried quite a few times (even through Oakley) and no luck. Like @Tavers suggested, @Chris A Hardaway is definitely your best bet for custom cut lenses. He has done on number for me and all of them have turned out amazingly.
Prizm Maritime Polarized
Prizm Jade Polarized
Violet Polarized
View attachment 949290

As far as replacement your socks, if you go into a Sunglass Hut, ask them to order replacement parts for "OO9429" (The Siphon) and say you want to buy the ear socks, you can have them ordered. I've bought a few Blue & Black sets and the only cost ~$7. For some reason, they never seem to have the red available. The best bet to obtain those is poach them off of a Black & Ruby SiphonView attachment 949291
The siphon rubber fits on carbon prime? I didn't know that for sure! Thanks for the info.

@Kallision

Thanks for all of the info. I went to Sunglass Hut today and sure enough I was able to order ear socks. I was able to look at the computer with the diagram, and for anyone else who looks for them, these are part 77 in their computer system.

You should look into making a mold for silicone for the nose pads. I One made for making B1b type grips

You should look into making a mold for silicone for the nose pads. I One made for making B1b type grips
If I knew how to do it I would. I assume I could shove them into clay or other material, but I have no idea what kind of silicone would be best to use, or tips and tricks with doing something like that.

Ok, so I got a pair of Carbon Primes and am wondering about the nose pads. There is rubber on either side of the metal nose frame. I didn't want to tug on it too hard, but I assume that means the rubber is connected in the middle and is not meant to come out? If so that is a really annoying design.

I guess the expectation is that they would replace the whole nose piece if there was an issue under warranty?

Ok, so I got a pair of Carbon Primes and am wondering about the nose pads. There is rubber on either side of the metal nose frame. I didn't want to tug on it too hard, but I assume that means the rubber is connected in the middle and is not meant to come out? If so that is a really annoying design.

I guess the expectation is that they would replace the whole nose piece if there was an issue under warranty?
They don't have parts. Nose Bridge and nose pad. Either way. Oakley and Luxottica support can't get them :(

Back