• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Chameleon Monster Dog

First, none of those models are good in hinge strength, except maybe Carbon Shift? However, if you want something to fit comfortably like the Badman, I would recommend the Carbon Prime. However, the Carbon Prime has a piston hinge, which is essentially a cylinder that encases a spring hinge. So, make sure that you don't clog it up and clean it regularly.

In terms of comfort, the Carbon Prime is the one to go for. It is pretty durable as well, but keep in mind the stems don't bend like plastic, so don't try to bend then. They will snap/fracture before they bend. Also, go for the Black Prizm Carbon Prime, as some people have noted there are red lens reflections/issues with the Ruby Prizm Carbon Prime.

Carbon Blade will be the most problematic frame, as the mount points of the hinge will loosen over time in the Carbon Fiber. Secondly, the lenses will crack over time at screw points. Thirdly, the screws have a tendency of pulling out. Finally, most Carbon Blades do not sit flat.

Tincan Carbon is decently reliable...just doesn't feel like a carbon frame to me though, it's more like they put a carbon fiber sticker on the arms. The same thing goes for the Carbon Shift - most of it is O-Matter and a thin carbon "sticker" on the arms.

Those are gorgeous! I love the color combo for the chameleon color-shift.

Those are sweet, congrats

Very nice Ron, congrats.

Send NOLA!

Moochas Grassy Ass fellas!

Another suprise package after coming back from lunch. My first custom from the artist also known as @SoulFulFrog . The Chameleon like color-shift finish is fantastic and got rid of all the nicks that were on this beater MD...smooth as silk. Thanks brother...they're freakin' terrific!!!

View attachment 470240 View attachment 470241 View attachment 470242 View attachment 470243 View attachment 470244 View attachment 470245
Those are super nice. I've got the same in a frogskin and racing jacket gen 2.

Latest Posts

Back