• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Chinese New Year "Ang Pow" Packet

cacatman

No one knows 'cacat' like cacatman!!
Staff member
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Check this out! Quite cool (if you're Chinese, that is)!!

Most of you probably know, but Chinese New Year is pretty soon. It has no fixed date because it's based on a lunar calendar, but generally it's in February sometime.

This year, it changes from year of the monkey to the year of the rooster.

It is traditional for married couples to give "Ang Pows" (traditionally usually small red packets) containing real money, to younger single members of their extended family.

Oakley Malaysia has produced some of these "Ang Pow" packets to be given to people so they can give money to their family.

I doubt it's produced in this form elsewhere, so it's pretty unique.
image.jpeg

Check this out! Quite cool (if you're Chinese, that is)!!

Most of you probably know, but Chinese New Year is pretty soon. It has no fixed date because it's based on a lunar calendar, but generally it's in February sometime.

This year, it changes from year of the monkey to the year of the rooster.

It is traditional for married couples to give "Ang Pows" (traditionally usually small red packets) containing real money, to younger single members of their extended family.

Oakley Malaysia has produced some of these "Ang Pow" packets to be given to people so they can give money to their family.

I doubt it's produced in this form elsewhere, so it's pretty unique.
View attachment 306882
I agree. Very cool. :)

Back