• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cleaning Unobtanium

pupusasrock

I should Work at Oakley
USA
So I have many pairs of Juliets and since the Unobtanium pieces will eventually disappear I try to use them for a long time. My primary pair of Juliets I put all new rubbers on a few months ago. I had forgotten how sticky new rubbers are especially with how the nose pieces gripped my face. That lasted for a little while, but now they are no longer grippy.

So this morning I took all of the rubbers off, covered them in dawn dish soap and used a toothbrush to scrub them. I then and put them in boiling water for a few minutes. After I took them out I dried them off but that didn't seem to do it. So I took some bio-degreaser that is safe on rubber and soaked them in that for a little while and then followed up with the dawn covered toothbrush and boiling water.

I put all the parts back on and put them on and that made NO difference at all. Does anyone have and ideas on how to make Unobtanium seem new again?

I think it's too late - the cleaning method you describe helps prevent them from degrading. But once they've degraded, there's no coming back.

If I have some that need refreshing and they arent too far gone I just biol them for a bit in plain ol water. It helps the pores open up and gets the sweat out. Then just let them air dry. No detergent or soap.

I'm sorry? Stop them degrading? Do we need to do that? If so can someone point me in the direction of a thread that tells me how? Bit more informative than what's on this thread, Cheers

Back