• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Collection

milt

Oakley Beginner
Okay guys point me in the right direction where should my collection start. My tastes at the moment are a bit of everything but would like something definite thnx

Start with Pit Boss I or an X-Metal like a Juliet or XS. As time goes all of these are going to be timeless and harder to find a quality piece at retail or better pricing. Especially now that the x-metals are officially limited to remaining stock wherever you can find them in stores.

My first opinion is start with glasses you like.

My second opinion is if you are up for a challenge, try completing a particular collection, such as all the Pit Bosses, or all the 3D releases, the holiday releases, artist series, signature series etc....

Pick something that you like and can retain an interest in. Don't go after the super high end stuff first like Blends Frogs, or C-Six etc... you MAY lose interest with how fast your wallet shrinks! Welcome to the collectors club, good luck on your hunting and post up pictures of your process! One last hint of advice, don't hesitate to ask questions on this forum about certain glasses, where to find them etc... the people and information on this website is priceless. These are the stomping grounds for most of the most elite collectors there are and they are all very knowledgeable and friendly!

GOOD LUCK!!!!

My first opinion is start with glasses you like.

My second opinion is if you are up for a challenge, try completing a particular collection, such as all the Pit Bosses, or all the 3D releases, the holiday releases, artist series, signature series etc....

Pick something that you like and can retain an interest in. Don't go after the super high end stuff first like Blends Frogs, or C-Six etc... you MAY lose interest with how fast your wallet shrinks! Welcome to the collectors club, good luck on your hunting and post up pictures of your process! One last hint of advice, don't hesitate to ask questions on this forum about certain glasses, where to find them etc... the people and information on this website is priceless. These are the stomping grounds for most of the most elite collectors there are and they are all very knowledgeable and friendly!

GOOD LUCK!!!!
This was so well said. +1.

I would definitely say what do you REALLY like the most? Are you interested in just collecting everything you can or do you want to focus on a specific line? Would you prefer to hunt down discontinued items or buy stuff that is still easily available? Do you want collectible items that will only appreciate in value faster or do you just want to buy stuff because you can? Either way you collection will be yours and you have to be happy with it first before anyone else.

Been on ebay for x metals pair their for £2000 complete is this where I start
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! That is waaaaaaaaaaay too high to pay for a pair of X-metals!!!!

For X-metal depending on what they are you want to pay anywhere from I believe £200-£800......£2000 is crazy high.

Okay so do I only buy complete, my 1st pair are Juliet xx 24k but no papers etc and the other thing I've noticed all the good ones come from the states( oakleys are American) so how do I know what the ball park is for said item I can see its a big learning curve and am gonna get burned, but lets see where it goes thnx for your speedy advice

Latest Posts

Back