• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Corona 19 thread

the black plague lasted 4 years... how long is this s hit gonna last? :oops:

How did they try to stop the Black Plague?
Some of the cures they tried included: ... Rubbing onions, herbs or a chopped up snake (if available) on the boils or cutting up a pigeon and rubbing it over an infected body. Drinking vinegar, eating crushed minerals, arsenic, mercury or even ten-year-old treacle!

:oops:

It lasted a lot longer. It ravaged Europe for decades, but the most famous one was about 4 years.

They didn't know anything about bacterial infections and praying doesn't help much against either. Gathering lots of people in churches made it even worse.

It lasted a lot longer. It ravaged Europe for decades, but the most famous one was about 4 years.

They didn't know anything about bacterial infections and praying doesn't help much against either. Gathering lots of people in churches made it even worse.
And then you are even forgetting about the MLM riots and protest marches..... Medieval Lives Matter! that didn't help much either.

And then you are even forgetting about the MLM riots and protest marches..... Medieval Lives Matter! that didn't help much either.

well here we go. I think ima train my cat to sniff the virus. I haven’t watch the news for awhile, i guess it’s still rising.

He doesn't know the definition of "hypocrisy" though. You can't take a hypocrite's word on anything.
How am I a hypocrite?
Yet, you are a union member. Correct?
View attachment 792696
I made it clear that it's not by choice. Did you miss that part or purposely omit it from your absurd claim?
We ALL have choices.
Perhaps he should find a new profession if he doesn’t like it?
This. ☝
@ItnStln For the record. You and I feel the exact same way about unions. Our difference is, I'm the kind of man who sticks to what he believes in.
In my line of work I don't have that option, unless I want to make my Reserve career fulltime, but even then I would not be flying much longer. I respect you for that! If I could do what I do at a non-union company I would jump at the opportunity. Luckily there's a lot of pilots I fly with who hate unions as well and they just tolerate them because of the job.
@Rick58 I know people in different professions in his same predicament. Calling him a hypocrite when his only choice is to change professions is harsh! I'm fortunate that I'm not beholden to a union, and I'm a very principled person so I'd like to think I'd be like you if I was in his position, but man that's an extreme ask. Shoot, just changing jobs within the same profession is no small thing.

Back