• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Corona 19 thread

88B9F44B-6323-463C-AB7B-8841F5514C97.jpeg

That won't stop you from testing positive...
I know, these vaccines are just ******* great, huh?

imagine if polio or Smallpox vaccines had the success rate of this one.......

Either way, the more the merrier....... experts say get 3 or 4 shots....... i say F that, get 13 or 14.
as long as it's out there, there is no reason to relax.

So... Just some facts...

WFH and followed guidelines for the 3 grade school kids and didn't get it until...

Got the 'vid went on a family trip. fully vaxxed and boosted but because am a caregiver, to a family member, got it early, the same as the booster so my last show was late '21. Wifey got it first, same vax status. we both had no complications except for extreme fatigue and went through a list of symptoms albeit really quickly (2-4 days).

2 other people got it in our party, they were the divided couple, one was anti-vax and one is pro, both vaccinated but a while back. the anti- is a younger and outdoorsy person and supposedly slept it off and shrugged it off in a few days, the pro has some health issues already and although recovering was hit pretty hard, and had a scorched nose/throat.

5 people didn't get it, 4 are elderly, and recently got boosted and one was the youngest in the group early 20's but had got it earlier this year so probably had built natural immunity.

I know everyone is affected differently and has different strengths of immunity, but it seems textbook how the vaccine/natural immunity worked out for our group. and my advice after facing it, treat it like the flu or any other known and rampant disease really.

if you are younger, in good health, get vaccinated, and see how you react, it is almost like getting it but in a controlled environment. the younger (lol younger - under 50 for reference) people I know who suffered either knew they had health issues or were just surprised because they "thought they were in great health" -same people who haven't seen a doctor or get bloodwork in 5-10 years.

If you are older and know you have complications, get boosted. or at least vaccinated, don't be the next person to say "I wish I had known" before they get intubated and go to eternal slumber.

Back