• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Crazy Idea - Half Wolf

Rustpot

M Frame Lover
Clarkston/Romeo MI
So I've got this crazy idea that popped into my head. I swear I'm not drunk this time. I have this Batwolf I don't really like to wear, they just feel huge and blocky on my head. And I love my other pairs that are sports frames. I realized Oakley doesn't have any half frames that aren't jackets or wires/metals.

Since the Batwolf is a shield lens it doesn't really need to be a full-frame design. The juices started flowing and I thought "why not chop off the lower part of the orbitals?" It would help alleviate some of the boxed-in feel to wearing them, take some weight out, take some width from the stems, round out the corners a bit more.

I really don't want to try this on a pair of glasses that still have some value though. It makes me almost want to go buy a $12 fake to chop up.

Does anyone have a dead frame that I can take a hacksaw to? :big_boss:

Here's a very rough idea of what I'm thinking.

oculos-oakley-batwolf-lado.jpg

And no, I'm probably not going to do this, but I kind of want to do a chopped-up one off custom of something.

Screw it, next sunny day I'm taking a chair out on the deck and chopping the **** out of it.

I might have Dr Chop do a sick paint scheme to my chopped Half Wolfs if it works out, then get those carbon fiber icons, mmmm.

I'll go pick up some smooth sand paper as well, give it a nice smooth finish, and we'll see how the black ink looks roughed up a bit.

I can cut it too...Mark where you want it "chopped" and I will hack it up. Hell, why not? I can't stand the BW anyway lol

I can cut it too...Mark where you want it "chopped" and I will hack it up. Hell, why not? I can't stand the BW anyway lol

I think it's going to have to be a slow process, taking off the lower orbital, slowly chop away at the nose bridge until it's as minimal as i need it to be, starting moving up toward the hinge of the orbital, see if the bump needs to come off the matte portion of the stem.

I'll definitely drop you a line and have you help clean it up and looking good again!

Back