• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Did I buy the wrong model of Oakley's for driving?

dosstx

Oakley Beginner
I recently purchased the following pair of Oakley's from Sunglass Hut:

```

DETAIL

• Name: OO9154 Half Jacket® 2.0 XL
  • UPC: 888392486677
  • Shape: Rectangle
  • Frame material: O_matter
  • Frame color: Matte Black
  • Lens material: Polycarbonate
  • Lens Technology: Prizm_polarized
  • Lens color: Prizm Black Polarized
  • Lens height: 39.4
  • Looks best on these face shapes: Oval, Round
AU-driving-icon.jpg

Not suitable for driving and road use
```

But Now I am getting buyer's remorse (I haven't picked up the order yet from the store and can always cancel). I am mainly wanting sunglasses for driving and using on a bike. Conerned about the "not suitable for driving and road use" disclaimer.

Should I cancel this and get a different model? IF so, any recommendations for someone that gets eye strain (sometimes) during long driving road trips?

Those work for all your needs...wonder why they are saying they aren't? I have a pair of Flak Drafts that I drive with all the time, and they have prizm golf in them...

I think they all say this honestly. If you look on the paperwork that comes in the box I believe literally every pair will say not suitable for use while driving. Garbage legalese liability stuff I'm sure.

usually the not suitable for driving thing is for colored tints. as some tints make it so you may see certain colors differently. I know I don't like driving with Polarized lenses as the coatings on windows and LCD are distracting when I am driving.

For your purpose, it's a general disclaimer, and since your lenses have a neutral base tint they should be fine for riding, and your call on the driving part. if the polarization bothers you then keep that in mind with any polarized sunnies.

Probably just covering their back that if you have an accident you can’t sue/blame Lux for playing a role in it.

I recently purchased the following pair of Oakley's from Sunglass Hut:

```

DETAIL

• Name: OO9154 Half Jacket® 2.0 XL
  • UPC: 888392486677
  • Shape: Rectangle
  • Frame material: O_matter
  • Frame color: Matte Black
  • Lens material: Polycarbonate
  • Lens Technology: Prizm_polarized
  • Lens color: Prizm Black Polarized
  • Lens height: 39.4
  • Looks best on these face shapes: Oval, Round
View attachment 915105
Not suitable for driving and road use
```

But Now I am getting buyer's remorse (I haven't picked up the order yet from the store and can always cancel). I am mainly wanting sunglasses for driving and using on a bike. Conerned about the "not suitable for driving and road use" disclaimer.

Should I cancel this and get a different model? IF so, any recommendations for someone that gets eye strain (sometimes) during long driving road trips?
If you’re in Australia, Lux just didn’t pay for the testing required to get the “safe for driving” certification.

i have some prizm blk and like the prism road better for driving...but the pB will be ok. depends when you drive in the day. I find the prizm road i can wear any day even if cloudy and not even need to take them off when i go indoors to a store or the gym..i leave them on when inside working out.

Back