• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Difference Between Gold, Bronze, And Amber?

Rustpot

M Frame Lover
Clarkston/Romeo MI
I need an Amber lens for my M Frame collection. One has appeared on eBay for a good price, likely making this thread a waste as it will be gone by the time I get an answer. How does one tell the difference between Gold and Amber lenses? Or is there one? I don't need/want it if it's Gold, I have enough god damn gold lenses.

In my mind Amber is more orange, and Gold is just Bronze with an iridium coating, is this correct?

The lens in question (please don't buy it, I trust y'all);
Oakley M Frame Military Amber Lenses Lenses Only Excellent Condition | eBay

I need an Amber lens for my M Frame collection. One has appeared on eBay for a good price, likely making this thread a waste as it will be gone by the time I get an answer. How does one tell the difference between Gold and Amber lenses? Or is there one? I don't need/want it if it's Gold, I have enough god damn gold lenses.

In my mind Amber is more orange, and Gold is just Bronze with an iridium coating, is this correct?

The lens in question (please don't buy it, I trust y'all);
Oakley M Frame Military Amber Lenses Lenses Only Excellent Condition | eBay

gold iridium is bronze with an iridium coat, although, back in Subzero days, the gold iridium was called "Bronze".

amber is more yellow than bronze which is more brown

Stupid question but have you tried calling around to vaults, I know they had amber lenses in the sale ones in a vault near me, not sure if they still have em, but if they do, I'll let you know.

Stupid question but have you tried calling around to vaults, I know they had amber lenses in the sale ones in a vault near me, not sure if they still have em, but if they do, I'll let you know.

If I wanted to buy them at retail I would. There's a difference to me between "collecting" and "buying". I build my collection through deals and finds, not buying everything I come across as it becomes available.

Especially for items I generally won't wear or use much. My two M Frame Slash pairs were under $60, and I got them after passing on pairs that sold for 2-4 times as much.

My way takes a little more time, but it's easier on the wallet, and to me is more satisfying.

There's a difference to me between "collecting" and "buying"... My way takes a little more time, but it's easier on the wallet, and to me is more satisfying.

+ 1 as well as the friendships that you make when collecting. I don't have the same relationship with the girl that served me dinner Saturday night as I have with folks like Dyer or Rubyskull.

She was nice and I went out of my way to tell the manager what a great job that she does. But besides that we really didn't have any interests in common.

Back