• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Difference between Prizm daily, black and Jade?

Hayabusa1208

Oakley Beginner
Hi everyone, i'm confused on which lens i should go for Prizm black, Prizm daily and Prizm jade. In terms of looking through the lens , will they have a different tint color with the things i see? I have been reading and seems jade has a iridium coating and will make my view a little rosy so i'll be seeing things with a slight tint of rosy/pink? And i think with daily i'll be looking at natural color but with more contrast?

Please correct me if i'm wrong and if someone could post a pic of the view from these glass would be great to compare. Thanks in advance

I think you should tell us what conditions you want the lens for? Sports? Everyday? Driving? Fishing? Shooting?
Bright conditions? Mixed/medium light? Lower light?
This is more important than the base tint color.
But to answer your original question. Prizm Daily is the lightest. Really nice to look through. Quite alot contrast or pop. Not to much color tint when looking through them. Maybe a very slight violet tint.
It has no iridium coating meaning no mirror, so your eyes are very visible to others. Also I find Prizm Daily not dark enough when the sun is bright
Prizm Jade is in the middle lightness of your 3 options. So it is good for brighter conditions. I think yes it does have a more rose/purple tint when looking through them. But it's still somewhat contrasty. They do have a mirrored iridium coating on the outside.
Prizm Black I only looked through a few times. It's the darkest of the 3 lenses. And I think it has a darker violet tint when looking through. And it also has an iridium coating and is also provides a little contrast.

Hi thank you for the reply, i'm going to be using it mostly on sunny, cloudy(sometimes) and i am also looking at sapphire polorized(found a good deal). If the lens are polarized will it make things darker or there is no difference between prizm sapphire vs prizm sapphire polarized?

Polarized is always a little darker. It's usually 1% darker than non-polarized. But in my opinion it's barely noticeable. Prizm Sapphire Polarized should suit your needs well, it's similar to what Prizm Jade is.

Back