• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Different Bob Head versions?

Jobotron

Oakley Beginner
Hi, I am lost in the Bob-Head display rabbithole. From what I can tell there is the "normal" Bob Head (this might be the Shadow Head), then there's the Shadow Head, the Spike Head and apparently also Audio Bob.

1. Shadow Head?

bobhead.jpg

2. Spike Head? (There seems to be a version without the pointy back part as well)
spike head.jpg

3. Audio Bob?
Screenshot 2024-03-01 at 22-16-14 #Audio bob #oakley trophy #oakley audio bob.png

Thanks! I have only found this one mention of the Audio Bob on somebody's flickr page, so I also am not too sure how legit the images are (fab vega).
That's definitely an Audio Bob(prototype Bod heads Bob Head Prototype), that much I'm a hundred percent sure. Which was intended to be used by a Thump, for advertising. However regarding how many were made or other details, I'm afraid I'm not privvy to such information.

Last edited:
That's definitely an Audio Bob(prototype Bod heads Bob Head Prototype), that much I'm a hundred percent sure. Which was intended to be used by a Thump, for advertising. However regarding how many were made or other details, I'm afraid I'm not privvy to such information.
Man, now I got even more questions, but these things are just too cool. I'm assuming the prototype Bob Heads are versions that never made it out of the test labs. The prototpyes each have the description "Bob Head Prototype Stereolith", plus I read something about the use of stereolith machine - could it be that they were using early SLA printers for making prototypes?

Back