• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Display Case Key from Oakley?

wwhcxmetal

Oakley Expert
Sunny Florida
This is a 4.0 generation Countertop display case. Does any know if Oakley will send/sell you a key?
Some of the label on these cases indicate that they're property of Oakley. Does that mean that they can demand back these cases?
u4PRUV3.jpg

you're right.....too many cases floating out there, too much hassle for the company.
I'd like to get a hold of the original key. As now, I am locked out. Leprechaun took my key.

These cases use the same key as the 3.0 countertops/towers do. Just an FYI they never re-keyed the 4.0’s

And no they won’t sell you a key you’re not even supposed to have that case. Lol

good to know, do you or anyone you know can hook me up with one? Sure the locksmith can crack it, but it's nice to have an original one!
Or if you know the manufacture of the lock, probably can get it from them?

I have three cases and each have a separate key that will not work on any of the other cases but they could of had different locks put in them

I have a 3.0 countertop and a 3.0 doublewide and it’s keyed exactly the same as the case listed here. My XM single towers all have the same key (different than the 3.0’s) however.

After I get this one cracked open, i might just install a magnetic couple to keep the door close...not looking to lock anyone out. If someone wants something bad enough, breaking the glass panels is an easy option!
I talked to an Oakley store manager, he indicated that the authorized store can request a key using the SN number on the label adhered to the case. Oakley probably switches parts from suppliers around to keep us private collectors running around for parts. I still wish that Oakley was not sold out to the Italian company....sad day for me when that official announcement came out....sniff...sniffffff.

Thanks, rcpd34. I did buy one from EBay, but it did not work......back to the drawing board. He made copies of the keys from older display case. It's actually "ACE" brand keys.

So my question would be would anybody that owned one of these cases have a spare or could make you a spare to see if it works on your locks, just saying, if I owned one I would help you out

Back