• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Do you like to "Do It Yourself"........

Well damn, I've been thinking about starting a thread like this for days. I thought my next project might be the one... Here's an older one from several months ago. Cool thread!! :drinks:
IMG_3878.JPG
IMG_3964.JPG
IMG_3968.JPG

According to my boy, I built a garage... :car:
IMG_5398.JPG

Nice work. Go out and try to buy something half of that and you would pay thousands. Did you draw up plans then build or just "wing it".

Thanks man. :)

We used 2 wide and 2 narrow bookcases, and one of their vertical shelving units laid down sideways for the bench. We had almost 8 inches left total from wall to wall and the Mrs picked out trim strips and painted them IKEA white (H Depot color match is the sh!t!) and trimmed out the differences between them.

IMG_3059.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg

So...both! To answer your question! Once we realized the stuff would fit, all we had to do was center it and trim!

Thanks man. :)

We used 2 wide and 2 narrow bookcases, and one of their vertical shelving units laid down sideways for the bench. We had almost 8 inches left total from wall to wall and the Mrs picked out trim strips and painted them IKEA white (H Depot color match is the sh!t!) and trimmed out the differences between them.

View attachment 320939 View attachment 320940 View attachment 320941

So...both! To answer your question! Once we realized the stuff would fit, all we had to do was center it and trim!
Nicely done, good thinking. I've seen some other ikea hacks out there and you can create some really cool stuff. I'm not that creative so I have to build off the backs of others.

Nice work. I like the finish. What brand/color is that?

The stain? I don't recall off the top of my head; I can see if I have any leftover in the garage if I remember when I get home. Something from Home Depot.

The hutch itself, I wasn't going off any pre-designed plans, I just browsed similar things for inspiration then designed it in my head and built it. A few features, such as that ventilation strip across the top, were purely my own idea and not something I saw elsewhere.

The stain? I don't recall off the top of my head; I can see if I have any leftover in the garage if I remember when I get home. Something from Home Depot.

The hutch itself, I wasn't going off any pre-designed plans, I just browsed similar things for inspiration then designed it in my head and built it. A few features, such as that ventilation strip across the top, were purely my own idea and not something I saw elsewhere.
Can't forget that other cool DIY you did inside ;)

Back