• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Do you wear Oakley watch to go swimming?

Hey whoever anonymously gifted me the premium membership… Really really cool. Thank you. I can’t believe how nice it is coming on the site and not getting bombarded with video ads. :cool: :D And I really like the expanding inbox already!

I have my suspicions. But it’s hard to prove anything. Lol. Thank you anonymous.

Only watch that won’t die used regularly in the sea is a Rolex…
My Doxa has worked just fine in the sea for many many many years…….
Seems to work fine for that guy Jacques Cousteau...also……
928146EA-5C24-4D54-95C4-47DF454BD7E4.jpeg

Don’t do it bro. Glasses neither.
Wore my Clifdens to the beach and even went in the water ... but this is Michigan and we don't have saltwater (and I didn't go under, and did a clean water rinse before leaving) :p

My thinking is, it's super bright out there, all that sand, sun off the water, etc etc.. I'd rather use them for the protection they were designed to give, and for the pleasure of how they show me the scene.

Watch on the other hand... I don't actually *need* that in the water, and if I did it'd be something waterproof/sealed and something I don't mind beating up like my Casio ProTrek. (and if you have a diver's watch... what's the point of calling it such if you can't get it wet?)

Wore my Clifdens to the beach and even went in the water ... but this is Michigan and we don't have saltwater (and I didn't go under, and did a clean water rinse before leaving) :p

My thinking is, it's super bright out there, all that sand, sun off the water, etc etc.. I'd rather use them for the protection they were designed to give, and for the pleasure of how they show me the scene.

Watch on the other hand... I don't actually *need* that in the water, and if I did it'd be something waterproof/sealed and something I don't mind beating up like my Casio ProTrek. (and if you have a diver's watch... what's the point of calling it such if you can't get it wet?)
If you keep the glasses above water, shouldn’t have any trouble, even in the ocean! Especially with a rinse after and a wash once you get home. I wish oakley made a dive watch, but no dice unfortunately lol

Back