• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Does Anyone Chrome O Matter?

In the absence of chrome, shiny aluminum look would be good too I guess.
There are chrome paints that exist, which are ultra shiny: suggest you do some research on them. Even though the chrome reflectivity is difficult to keep, you should be able to get an shiny look which also has been cleared.

There are chrome paints that exist, which are ultra shiny: suggest you do some research on them. Even though the chrome reflectivity is difficult to keep, you should be able to get a shiny look which also has been cleared.
Thanks. I’m not looking to do this myself. I don’t have the talent for it!

There are chrome paints that exist, which are ultra shiny: suggest you do some research on them. Even though the chrome reflectivity is difficult to keep, you should be able to get an shiny look which also has been cleared.
Pretty much all of those go completely dull when you put a solvent clear over em. They look good if you don't clear em. But they have no durability without clear they rub right off. And clear makes em look like regular metallic paint. I've tried doing a water based intercoat to seal it but water based paints and solvents don't jive the best. And by the time you get it to work you've got 3 to 4 different layers of paints to get it to look good. Which makes the film thickness more and then more likely to chip.

Pretty much all of those go completely dull when you put a solvent clear over em. They look good if you don't clear em. But they have no durability without clear they rub right off. And clear makes em look like regular metallic paint. I've tried doing a water based intercoat to seal it but water based paints and solvents don't jive the best. And by the time you get it to work you've got 3 to 4 different layers of paints to get it to look good. Which makes the film thickness more and then more likely to chip.
So, not as great as I was led to believe then.......

In the absence of chrome, shiny aluminum look would be good too I guess.
These are Larry’s job. He’s base in US. The Gold Jawbone was done by his associate in the Philippines.

639CFBB9-B708-490A-A352-15C621C053FB.jpeg

IMG_4506.jpeg

IMG_4501.jpeg

Back