• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Does titanium mean... "titanium"?

ropot

Oakley Beginner
Greetings from South Africa!
I would call myself a pretty devout Oakley fan, but lately I've become a bit more sceptical about the product. Maybe it was the whole 'new x-metals' made out of aluminum saga, who knows. Until recently I only ever owned x-metals and a couple of wires so I have limited experience on other frames.
I prefer to wear titanium frames, but I am considering ordering a pair of Tincans or Tinfoils off Ebay. The standard models are made of stainless steel.

My question: when a frame colorway is called titanium, does it guarantee the frame material is titanium? Or could it be 'titanium colored'. For example the Tincan Carbon 6017-05 Titanium with Titanium Iridium. Would that be made of titanium or coated to look like titanium? Which would be sad and possibly misleading too. What do you think?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

The sad and possibly misleading one..................:) however, since they've been using this description since 1999 on Titanium framed sunglasses, it shows you're new to the game.
Now there's something you wont read in an oakley catalogue. Our highest spec titanium color painted regular steel... since 1999!

So any idea what the specific Tincan I mentioned is made of?

Back