• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Double Tap assistance please...

axelf63

Oakley Beginner
Michigan
To all on the forum, hello!

I am a newbie here and am learning...my apologies if I am not posting something in accordance with the guidelines on the forum or if it has been posted previously.

Hoping for some advise and direction here please if at all possible.

A good friend of mine a year or so ago gifted me with a couple of wrist watches, one was a simple G-Shock for daily wear and the second was a beautiful Hamilton Basejump. He likes his watches and "time pieces" and for some reason wanted to share the love of a fine watch with someone...I was incredibly lucky!

Now I am starting to get into the love of watches...and while I do not have any Oakley, I am finding my eye and attention drawn toward the Double Tap.

I have the urge to return the favor and have been eying the Double Taps but cannot locate any reviews, opinions, general information, opinions, specs, options, seral numbers.. etc on them.

My hope is after reading a little more on them and making an educated decision that I may possibly locate someone who may have a couple in stock at a reasonable price (especially if purchasing 2!), unsure on which model (man that SS is nice) but I may be leaning toward the blue face..

I spotted a recent post here earlier in the month where someone had 3 DT's for sale?

Any assistance that can be thrown my way would sincerely be appreciated...trying to make an educated decision and possibly purchase!

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum.

I assume your search for information on the Double Tap has been in general on the internet as opposed to specifically here in this forum. I'm not aware of any threads written specifically to review that watch but if you use the forum search function to search the Oakley Watch Discussion forum for "double tap", you'll find a number of threads with casual conversation about the watch and how it compares to some others in Oakley's line, among other things. You also might want to check out the site O Review as another source of info.

To actually buy some here, there is a "Misc Oakley Exchange" where you can respond to listings and/or post a "want to buy" yourself. However, to get access to the exchange you must first meet the requirements. Those requirements are a minimum of 15 posts and two weeks forum membership. Alternatively you can purchase a premium membership for immediate access.

Hey bud.

IMO the double tap offers a great stylish appeal for the everyday watch. It has a larger face with stainless steel materials, if you like a heavier watch, this is the one to get. Especially considering the stainless band, it has a nice Weight to it. Personally, it’s one of my favorite Oakley watches. If money isn’t an issue, I’d get the blue face and the gray face with stainless band. So then if you wanted to swap the bands, it gives you some options.

On a side note, the gray area right near the crown and pushers has the ability to get scratched up a bit due to the PVD coating. It’s strong, but not impossible to scratchy

I’d say in no specific order. It’s in my top five.

Livestrong TB2
Minute Machine Red Diamond
Minute Machine Yellow
Orange Hollow Point
Double Tap Blue

Cheers bro

Steve

I have the Double Tap in the bracelet and the Black stealth versions. Great daily wear item. Pick up the Orange Hollow Point and the FMJ if you’re looking for something that gets noticed. The Gearbox Auto is also a nice timepiece especially with the bracelet. Cheers

I have the Double Tap in the bracelet and the Black stealth versions. Great daily wear item. Pick up the Orange Hollow Point and the FMJ if you’re looking for something that gets noticed. The Gearbox Auto is also a nice timepiece especially with the bracelet. Cheers

No one just picks up an FM J bro LOL

Ferris Buehler told me to...if you have the means I highly suggest you pick one up...

My Rolex GMT Master 2 BLNR had priority LOL

image.jpg

To all who have taken the time to read this thread nd reply...thank you so much...I sincerely appreciate it.

Have enjoyed my time so far here on the forum and going thru the various threads and posts...this s a great place for good info on a wide variety of Oakley items...

Hoping now I may be able to find someone who may be able to assist with possible a couple DT's

Again, thanks!!!

To all who have taken the time to read this thread nd reply...thank you so much...I sincerely appreciate it.

Have enjoyed my time so far here on the forum and going thru the various threads and posts...this s a great place for good info on a wide variety of Oakley items...

Hoping now I may be able to find someone who may be able to assist with possible a couple DT's

Again, thanks!!!

Just out of curiosity, is the "axelf" in your username a reference to the Beverly Hills Cop movies?