• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Everyday Frogskins Lens?

Kdavis

Oakley Beginner
Hey I've been reading this forum for quite awhile now and want to get a pair of frogskins. I'm just looking for one set (at first) so I want it to be a subtle everyday set. I really like the look of the Infinite Hero or any other matte gray or black with the black Oakley logo. My concern is the lenses. Is the Violet Iridium found on the Infinite Hero a good everyday lens? I haven't been able to find any genuine Oakley lenses for sale but maybe I just haven't been looking in the right places. I would like polarized but am not a fan of the matte black with white Oakley. Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

the violet lense is great for me, but i know it isnt everyones ideal lense color. i LOVE my pair of infinite hero frogs, i think they are very classy and understated, but you can always purchase new frog lenses at the vault, or i would recommend making a custom pair on the oakley customization site..polished black w/ black iridium would look great and be super classic

Any thoughts on the aquatique? I don't think I like the color or gloss of the gray one but I haven't seen them in person so it's hard to know for sure. I also kind of like the Blacklihght Black with the +red iridium lenses but like the aquatique, I am not really sure on the frame color.

honestly, i have a pair of the aquatique and they are the cheapest looking in my opinion.. not a big fan at all. you should check out the gp-75 frogskins. those might be right for you.

also the acid tortoise black with +red is nice

Yeah the GP-75s are pretty cool and they're on the vault so they're easy to get. As far as lenses go, do you just have to wait for them to show up on the vault? I don't see any on there right now. And as far as Violet +red and black go which are your favorite?

i doubt youll ever see frog lenses show up on the vault..youre better off calling an actual vault store and having them ship them to you.

Oh ok that makes sense. Do you have a preference in lens color between Violet +red and black?

violet and fire are my absolutely favorite lense colors, but the black iridium is really nice to look THROUGH.. i personally am not a fan of +red in my frames..

It really depends on personal preference when it comes to lens color. For example, rightcoastnj may not be fond of +red, but it's one of my favorites. You'll never truly know until you look through them.
I agree that the GP-75 is a nice pair of frogs. This is my everyday pair; they're subtle enough to wear every day and the black iridium lens is definitely a pleasure to look through.

Back