• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Favorite pair to wear/fits you best/reach for the most

Favorite Pair To Wear

• Romeo 1

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • Romeo 2

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Juliet

Votes: 29 33.7%
  • X Squared

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • Penny

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • XX

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Half-X

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Other

Votes: 6 7.0%

• Total voters

ucdavis4PT0gpa

I should Work at Oakley
Oceanside, Oregon
I know there's many who rank X-Metals a certain way based on design, looks etc. But which model, regardless of how many you own or love the design/look do you reach for the most for everyday wear; which model is the most comfortable or fits you best on a daily basis

Romeo 1, XX, XS, juliet. R2 looks weird on me, the penny too small, the mars i dont have any ones i am willing to wear cuz' they are all new. And then the half x does not even get close to fitting my face.

this is a hard one. i have always said XS is my fave. i find myself using my Juliet's more and more though. think i still have to give it to the XS.

XX for me. Juliets feel fine on my face fit wise, I just like the bigger orbitals of the XX, which in turn makes them feel more comfortable to wear. I'm still curious to try an R1, just not sure I want to drop that kind of cash on one without getting to try it on first.

suppose I should add my .02 having started the thread.

The X-Squared. In many ways I feel the XS is a Juliet 2.0- it "fixed" the few qualms I've had over the years with the Juliet-notably that EVERY Juliet should have been issued with hammerstems- period and a non-riveted nosebridge (although I feel that at least on my face, hammerstems fix that issue in large part). Because of that and due to the slight bump in frame coverage, I find myself reaching for the XS the most and its the one that feels the most like an extension of my face, both due to the above noted factors and because for whatever reason that frame just seems to fit my face quite a bit better than the Juliet.

That said the Juliet design is still "the one" to me from - the frame isn't too big, too small (probably fits the largest number of faces in the overall population) and the look of the frame I think is still the best thing Oakley ever did- but again, as I noted, this thread and poll is about fit and feel and everyday usability- and the XS is tops for me in that regard. Wearing a Juliet always feels like a slight chore for me and the only reason I put up with that (and the fact the frame is a smidge...though just a smidge..smaller than I'd like).

The only other frame I'd make mention of here is the R1 which is a funny frame with me; I totally get people saying R1 over Juliet and that the Juliet is too small. My guess is that the Juliet is too small- and the R1 just right-for people who's faces aren't particularly narrow. I'm 6 foot 5 but I'm only 215-220 , so I'm very lean- my face is the same way (even though its lean I'm still a 7.5 inch hat size...big around but like no meat ON that). If I had a less lean head, the Juliet would be too small, the XS would be borderline and the R1 would fit just right. I find the R1 simply looks too big, mainly side to side where I can practically stick two fingers between the hinge and side of my head when they're on. Oddly, the R1 provides LESS eye coverage than the Juliet though because in order to keep the bottom of the frame off my cheekbones, I need to keep the frame up which means the bottom of the frame on an R1 is about in the same spot as where the bottom of a Juliet frame is when I wear it. So its this big frame and too big side to side but somehow manages to provide no more coverage top to bottom. It's too bad- I love the frame but its so cumbersome to wear I rarely wear it so I rarely have it in my collection because I don't keep stuff I don't wear.

Juliet. Specifically my Ruby juliet. After 15 years it's formed to my head lol. Any Mars also has a good chance of getting grabbed on the way out the door.

R1 was too tight squeezing my head (they were brand new though...maybe that was a factor?), and my asian nose geomettry left huge gap on my nose..didnt like how that looked....although orbitals did not touch my cheeks.

never got to try a XX
Half X doesnt fit
Romeo 2 was okay
Juliet fits perfect
X squared fits perfect but I prefer juliet shape over x squared

Back