• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Few More New Pickups To Add To The Collection!

EdsJunk

Oakley Expert
First up Plasma Juliet w/ Ice Iridium

oak70.jpg

Juliet X-Metal and I custom Cut my own +Red Iridium! Love These!

oak71.jpg

Finally got a pair of Romeos 1s! Thanks Mickle, Now just would like an original Black Iridium Lenses

oak72.jpg

Halfwire 2.0

oak73.jpg

Original XX University of Miami Edition (CL pickup and actually met the people inside Disneys Magic Kingdom! Coolest pickup place I've ever done!)

oak74.jpg

New pair of Original Minutes to add! Carbon Fiber/Black Iridium!

oak75.jpg

Eye Jacket Electric Mustard

oak76.jpg

Eye Jacket 2.0 Cannon Red

oak77.jpg

WOW.... love the Eye Jackets....and absolutely love the Carbon Fiber Minutes. How was it cutting your own lenses? Was it your first attempt or have you done it before?

WOW.... love the Eye Jackets....and absolutely love the Carbon Fiber Minutes. How was it cutting your own lenses? Was it your first attempt or have you done it before?

Minutes is one style I've collected a lot of. Have like 20 pairs or so I think. Some pairs I've sold and wish I didn't, Id like to have every color way eventually, its just not a priority. Minutes were the first frame I wore and used for everyday when I was a kid, so I just naturally collect them even though I don't wear them anymore.

Ive done it a few times before, and have even messed up a time or two. Honestly, its not difficult, it just takes lots of patience and time. Theres little tricks you learn, but for the most part its common sense. I will guess that Dr Chop has it down to a science though. I like doing my own though. I tried cutting the lenses with my laser cutter. It works, but leaves a burn on them. Next I was thinking about cutting with my CNC router.. just gotta figure out how to clamp them down.

Polish them bad boys

Thats a thought I had... I just love the xmetal look. My guess is when I find another R1 X-metal, ill keep that one and polish this one. Especially since it has aftermarket lenses anyways.

Back