• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Finished Water Transfer Graphics Glasses

@ Forum members

Can we continue this thread from here out with the title of this thread and only this thread title in mind.

I am sure there are some mixed emotions about what has occured here and how it was handled. If a mod feels that forum rules are being violated then the mod for that section will handle it. I don't see why members need to get involved any further at that point by adding comments to the thread. This just causes more issues and makes a small situation get out of hand. It also doesn't make for potential members reading these threads feel comfortable about becoming part of the community.

The Mods are here to handle certain issues. The issue will be handled by the mod and the involved member or members if a flame issue begins. I know sometimes thing get heated, and there is no need to name call, flame, or otherwise belittle members openly. Remember admin can review everything. Is it worth you getting booted off the forum because you can't think clearly.

Now....... Lets talk some OAKLEY!!!!

@ Forum members

Can we continue this thread from here out with the title of this thread and only this thread title in mind.

I am sure there are some mixed emotions about what has occured here and how it was handled. If a mod feels that forum rules are being violated then the mod for that section will handle it. I don't see why members need to get involved any further at that point by adding comments to the thread. This just causes more issues and makes a small situation get out of hand. It also doesn't make for potential members reading these threads feel comfortable about becoming part of the community.

The Mods are here to handle certain issues. The issue will be handled by the mod and the involved member or members if a flame issue begins. I know sometimes thing get heated, and there is no need to name call, flame, or otherwise belittle members openly. Remember admin can review everything. Is it worth you getting booted off the forum because you can't think clearly.

Now....... Lets talk some OAKLEY!!!!

couldn't have said it better dude. =)

okay dudes . . .
i deleted some of the post and i hope that we can go ahead with oakley stuff!!
if any member have a problem, that i cleaned the thread a bit please contact me via PM

cheers and have fun fellas!

Ok, I know it's a bit of an old thread. However I have some small questions on the water transfers.

I have gotten in touch with a company that does a lot of water transfer printing on exotic cars like Lamborghini, Bentley, Bugatti etc.
He is also willing to do glasses for me. I will ship him out one pair for testing. Is it better to ship out the frames as a whole, or to separate the earstems from the frames? What gives the best qualitative an good looking results?

Ok, I know it's a bit of an old thread. However I have some small questions on the water transfers.

I have gotten in touch with a company that does a lot of water transfer printing on exotic cars like Lamborghini, Bentley, Bugatti etc.
He is also willing to do glasses for me. I will ship him out one pair for testing. Is it better to ship out the frames as a whole, or to separate the earstems from the frames? What gives the best qualitative an good looking results?

i would seperate the earstems so they dont miss the gaps in hinges. BUT radars earstems dont seperate.. haha.also would remove all icons and rubbers.

monster_beetle said:
Cool, thanks :)
The first pair to try will be a pair of Eyepatch 1's. I will indeed also remove the icons, must give the best results :)

Sounds very cool. How much is he charging? You'll have to show us the results!

I've not had to split down the frames to get them done. The ones that BW got sorted were as good as an O.E. finish IMO. The only things that had to be removed were the lenses & icons. I would have thought there wouldn't be a problem for the wrap to get into all the places if they know what they are doing. I'd be very interested in seeing & knowing what the finish is like & how durable it is.

Back