• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

first gen lens

joecool862

Keeper of the Skull
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Kansas City Baby!
I don't think so man. I jumped on the band wagon pretty quick back then; definitely don't remember Ruby polar... Not sure when they came out with the Ruby polar. In fact, when I got back into Oakley last year I was delighted to find out that I could now buy Ruby lenses that were polarized to have cut for my glasses.

Funky-Trixtar

......Jedi Mind trickery...........
Premium Member
Kent, England
I don't think so man. I jumped on the band wagon pretty quick back then; definitely don't remember Ruby polar... Not sure when they came out with the Ruby polar. In fact, when I got back into Oakley last year I was delighted to find out that I could now buy Ruby lenses that were polarized to have cut for my glasses.

On the button @joecool862!

THE X-MAN

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
20151117_191206_HDR.jpg

these came in on a first gen plasma frame, they are ruby and are exquisite in color, but they are polarized so I know they aren't first gen ruby.im just trying to figure out what they are so I can score a set of these

Last edited:

SiRacer420

BWPMF
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
NOLA
My first gen fire looks more like Ruby than fire. Looks just like that. Killer on that bone plasma.

CarGuy

Oakley Expert
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
No polarized ruby on any real x metal. They are either aftermarket or chops. Don't you have that spike lens testing device for one-time verification? :)

Last edited:

joecool862

Keeper of the Skull
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Kansas City Baby!
That's a nice looking lens x-man. Agreed, I'd love that color OEM polar in one of my frames. Most of the big taco Ruby polars I got were definitely more fruby, less ruby.

New Threads