• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

First Oakley/Ray-Ban Store opens in NYC

Well, you will put your design/imprint on it.......kinda like the custom program.

Of course we don´t know how big your butt is, do you need the big bag that the original M Frame came in, or can you settle for wiping with a Flak 2.0 bag.
I'd rather use both. The bigger bag to get all the major crap off and the smaller flak 2.0 bag to do the final cleanup. ;)

what's the point of a boutique store if it stocks more than 1 brand? Next thing you know they'll start selling Coach and Bvgalri to keep the ladies happy in the store, and soon after it'd be renamed from "Rayban/Oakley flagship store" into "Luxottica flagship store". Oh wait... wasn't that the point of having SGH in the first place?!
:headbang:

what's the point of a boutique store if it stocks more than 1 brand? Next thing you know they'll start selling Coach and Bvgalri to keep the ladies happy in the store, and soon after it'd be renamed from "Rayban/Oakley flagship store" into "Luxottica flagship store". Oh wait... wasn't that the point of having SGH in the first place?!
:headbang:
The Lux Shop. I like the ring of that :rofl:

Sent from Q's Note5

I'm not against the idea of a multi-lux brand store, or even a joint venture between Ray Ban and Oakley. However the way they went about implementing/communicating this change is just provocative to the existing Oakley fan base which they have clearly disregarded or just couldn't give a damn. Marketing fail imo.

A little bird told me they are working a deal with spokesperson Eminem on a new line of eyewear called a Slim Shadeseey!

Should be interesting.

I'm not against the idea of a multi-lux brand store, or even a joint venture between Ray Ban and Oakley. However the way they went about implementing/communicating this change is just provocative to the existing Oakley fan base which they have clearly disregarded or just couldn't give a damn. Marketing fail imo.

Yeah. Honestly a revamped Lux store that is run better than SGH is actually welcome in my book. In the case that there's only two brands at play here, at least that allows for more complete collections to be available.

....but man we literally have to share shopping space with some turd hipsters now. Like pair us with Versace, because we know nobody will walk into that half of the store.

Much like many other members/contributors/collectors/enthusiasts here, I can honestly say I don't care for this at all. "Hate" is a very strong word I choose not to use, but I strongly dislike this store. The Oakley brand runs strong in my blood. I remember buying my very first pair of new Eye Jackets, black w/black iridium. I also still have my Gen1 R1's BNIB and a whole gamut of eyeware I hope I will never have to part with. I don't care for this store and doubt I will ever go there. Much like others, I'm not big on change. Evolution…yes; change…no. I'd much prefer the evolution of Peter and company instead of this new Lux brand. Just my thoughts…

Sucklottica is the best.
They show us how a big millions owner buy best brands with a lifestyle and made what they want and loose the essence of the brand. All luxottica touch all dies.

regars!

Back