• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

First run of Juliet “black with ruby red” question

That’s the right box and label but the serial won’t be X000120. That’s a P serial box. I have two of them. They came with my Ruby and Emerald Mars’.

The serials don’t match but it’s the boxes they came from oakley in. I haven’t figured out what the P serial box is all about but I assure you the serial on the frame will never match the box with a P serial.

If the serial arm matched the box, the box would have an X Serial label.

It’s on eBay as a local pickup only. Thanks for the extra info. I thought the P on the label was strange.

The lenses on those look a bit Fruby, I would guess not original lens either.
Here’s a comparison. “Replaced” in the glasses “original” on the towel.
0A68AD76-3218-4C19-A00D-73BBFC3A9883.jpeg
A1A281DC-D3FE-4155-B995-F11A1F43370B.jpeg

Well, I was figuring that its easier to find dark ruby lenses than it is to find a low number serial matched box. And since the pictures aren't very good, maybe they would be darker.

I was going to make an offer and see if he would go lower. But since the box doesn't match, doesn't matter.

The biggest misconception with the first runs of the Ruby Juliet lenses is that it was pure red or deep purple. They weren’t. They were subject to huge variations as most batches of the Ruby lens were. If there was an O-Review or Oakley Forum back in 2000 the biggest complaint would be how the Ruby Iridium lenses didn’t look like the lenses in the X-men movie and that it had too much yellow at the edges.

A P prefix on the box label for the Ruby Juliet is normal.

The biggest misconception with the first runs of the Ruby Juliet lenses is that it was pure red or deep purple. They weren’t. They were subject to huge variations as most batches of the Ruby lens were. If there was an O-Review or Oakley Forum back in 2000 the biggest complaint would be how the Ruby Iridium lenses didn’t look like the lenses in the X-men movie and that it had too much yellow at the edges.

A P prefix on the box label for the Ruby Juliet is normal.
P serial on the box may be normal but have you ever seen one that matched the arm serial? I’ve only ever seen the x serial on the box match and the M one for the Mars.

Latest Posts

Back