• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Flak 2.0 Asian Fit vs Flak 2.0 XL

Seogege

Oakley Beginner
Hi everyone, here's a quick comparison of the Flak 2.0 Asian Fit with Jade Polarized lenses and Flak 2.0 XL Deep Water H2O Polarized lenses. I bought these sunglasses for outdoor road running on bright and sunny days.

Starting with the fit, the Flak 2.0 Asian fit does not touch my brow, and the lenses have a good amount of space between themselves and my cheekbones. Both come with large and small nose pads, however the small on the Asian fit resulted in the frame touching my brow, and the large on the Flak 2.0 XL was not quite enough to make sure the lens would not touch my cheek and rubbed against my brow a bit.

In store I also compared these with the Radar EV Path in Asian fit (not pictured), which slightly touched my brow even with the bigger nose pad. It's a great choice for triathletes and cyclists, and certainly worth trying to see if it'll fit your brow shape.

IMG_7588.jpg

The XL has noticeably wider and taller lens coverage, but on a 1.5 hour test run on a sunny day I didn't find the smaller coverage of the Flak 2.0 to be an issue.

IMG_7589.jpg

Picture above shows the Flak 2.0 XL on the left and Flak 2.0 Asian fit on the right. I believe the Flak 2.0 Asian fit's frame is slightly less curved, so the lenses are not compatible between the two.

No slippage at all with the grippy nose pads. There was a tendency for the sunglasses to bounce if they weren't seated correctly, but once they're put on correctly they stayed in place really well throughout the run even as my nose got sweaty.

The PRIZM Jade Polarized lenses are rose tinted in the center and slightly green tinted in the periphery. From the outside, they're a semi transparent emerald green in the center and slightly purple in the edges. The Oakley logomark is green to match, which as a minor note may not pair as well with other lenses as other colors. I slightly prefer the Deep Water lens on the Flak 2.0 XL.

IMG_7585.jpg

I plan on buying some prescription lenses for these glasses for days where I'll be running without contacts and also for dimmer lighting environments, e.g. trail running and early evening runs.

If anyone is comparing these sunglasses or trying to find good Asian fit running sunglasses, happy to answer any questions!

IMG_7586.jpgIMG_7587.jpgIMG_7590.jpg

I wish! I bought a Asian fit pair a while back cause I had a Sapphire lens set for it and found out the hard way lol.
Then I have no idea what I have or have had, in the past. I bet I've owned 20 pair of 2.0 and always get rid of them. I have 3 pair now and bought new nose buds because I hate the big gaps at the bottom of the lenses. I thought the "XL" designation was for the different lenses. I guess these 3 may have to go as well.😕

Then I have no idea what I have or have had, in the past. I bet I've owned 20 pair of 2.0 and always get rid of them. I have 3 pair now and bought new nose buds because I hate the big gaps at the bottom of the lenses. I thought the "XL" designation was for the different lenses. I guess these 3 may have to go as well.😕
The Flak 2.0 and 2.0 XL are indeed exactly the same frames, and the lenses are interchangible.

However the 'Asian' fit is different than the non-Asian be it XL or not, can't put a standard 2.0/2.0XL lens into them and vice versa.

If it was just a matter of nose bud, the non-asian ones wouldn't ship with two different sizes of them.

The Flak 2.0 and 2.0 XL are indeed exactly the same frames, and the lenses are interchangible.

However the 'Asian' fit is different than the non-Asian be it XL or not, can't put a standard 2.0/2.0XL lens into them and vice versa.

If it was just a matter of nose bud, the non-asian ones wouldn't ship with two different sizes of them.
Every set of rubbers I've bought comes with 2 different sets of nose buds.

Every set of rubbers I've bought comes with 2 different sets of nose buds.
Exactly, so 'Asian fit' isn't based on the buds. It's the curvature of the frame.

And as I said, XL is only the size of the lens, you can put the XL lens into a Flak 2.0 , and standard lens into a Flak 2.0 XL, the frames are the same. The "Asian Fit" frames are different overall curvature as such so are the lens.

Flak 2.0 = Flak 2.0 XL = Lenses can be swapped interchangeably
Flak 2.0 Asian Fit = Flak 2.0 XL Asian Fit = Lenses can be swapped interchangeably

Asian Fit 2.0/XL lens cannot go into the non-Asian fit 2.0/XL frames, and vice versa.

However to add, not all "Asian Fit" glasses have a different curvature of the frame. Some like the Radarlock, simply comes with the large nose pad installed. But still ships with the smaller one. However the Flak 2.0 are different in the frame.

Hi everyone, here's a quick comparison of the Flak 2.0 Asian Fit with Jade Polarized lenses and Flak 2.0 XL Deep Water H2O Polarized lenses. I bought these sunglasses for outdoor road running on bright and sunny days.

Starting with the fit, the Flak 2.0 Asian fit does not touch my brow, and the lenses have a good amount of space between themselves and my cheekbones. Both come with large and small nose pads, however the small on the Asian fit resulted in the frame touching my brow, and the large on the Flak 2.0 XL was not quite enough to make sure the lens would not touch my cheek and rubbed against my brow a bit.

In store I also compared these with the Radar EV Path in Asian fit (not pictured), which slightly touched my brow even with the bigger nose pad. It's a great choice for triathletes and cyclists, and certainly worth trying to see if it'll fit your brow shape.

View attachment 799005

The XL has noticeably wider and taller lens coverage, but on a 1.5 hour test run on a sunny day I didn't find the smaller coverage of the Flak 2.0 to be an issue.

View attachment 799006

Picture above shows the Flak 2.0 XL on the left and Flak 2.0 Asian fit on the right. I believe the Flak 2.0 Asian fit's frame is slightly less curved, so the lenses are not compatible between the two.

No slippage at all with the grippy nose pads. There was a tendency for the sunglasses to bounce if they weren't seated correctly, but once they're put on correctly they stayed in place really well throughout the run even as my nose got sweaty.

The PRIZM Jade Polarized lenses are rose tinted in the center and slightly green tinted in the periphery. From the outside, they're a semi transparent emerald green in the center and slightly purple in the edges. The Oakley logomark is green to match, which as a minor note may not pair as well with other lenses as other colors. I slightly prefer the Deep Water lens on the Flak 2.0 XL.

View attachment 799002

I plan on buying some prescription lenses for these glasses for days where I'll be running without contacts and also for dimmer lighting environments, e.g. trail running and early evening runs.

If anyone is comparing these sunglasses or trying to find good Asian fit running sunglasses, happy to answer any questions!

View attachment 799003View attachment 799004View attachment 799007
Thanks for this detailed review! Any chance you have a digital scale and could provide the weight of the flak 2.0 asian fit?

Back