• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Found a beater!

crazywayne311

I should Work at Oakley
757 VA
ok, so I got a rough shaped beater this morning. Not sure if I over paid but it is what it is at this point.

The good news is now I can finally dabble in something custom though right now I was simply thinking a nice black would be fine simply bc I could put any lens in it and go!

I do have a couple color options picked out but that’s for another time...

But quick question...did they ever make OEM polarized violet lenses? I feel as if these aren’t violet enough to be OEM...and it’s got purple rubbers...are those OEM?

Thanks!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

IIRC Oakley never offered Polarized Juliet cuts in violet.....from the looks of the rubbers and the oversized orbital gasket my money is on the Walleva Lens/Rubber combo. Idk if that is still available but the rubber is definitely aftermarket as the only purple O rubber was the IH set which is darker. Nice grab!

Thanks for the info! I don’t know much about aftermarket lens makers so I didn’t know they engraved their lenses to look like Oakley’s. I figured the purple wasn’t OEM bc the orbital gaskets looked odd. I’ve never seen the IH juliet rubbers in person so I wasn’t sure about that either.

Back