• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Frames For Large Faces

I don't like the style of the Scalpel, they feel flimsy to me. I've tried them on, but I can't recall them very well. I want to say the Ten is a bit bigger, but I'm not sure by how much.

instead of going radarlock xl, get rid of all your radarlock path lens sell them on ebay and use that money to get radarlock pitch size lens, pitch lens look the best on bigger faces, path seem way to small. Hit me up on PM. I have a few extra pitch lenses.

Or go to standard Radar and get Ranges. The XL lenses don't extend any further down than the Range, the extra height is above the nose. I have a Pitch and a Range and they're similar in height, but the Range is a tad taller and has better peripheral coverage.

I have a pretty large face and have a hard time finding Oakleys that fit me well. I had tried Tens and they are biiiiiiig. They fit well on my face but they did rest on my cheeks a bit. They also had a very annoying habit of sliding down my nose since there's no Unobtanium on the earstems or the nosepads whenever I walked around or drove over potholes. I do have oily skin so that contributes to the problem. I found that Pit Bull is about the same size as the Ten but with Unobtanium on the stems and the fit is much better. Scalpel was also a good fit for me, but Pit Bull had more Unobtanium on the stems compared to the Scalpel.

I have a rather large face, which is why I really like the Jawbones, and am thinking of upsizing my Radarlocks to Radarlock XL's. What would be a better casual frame in the vein of the Frogskins for a large face / lots of coverage?

Thanks!

If you're looking for casual/large frame along the vein of Frogs, I'd say Jupiter Squared is a good bet. Eyepatch 2 and Big Taco are huge and offer great coverage as well - both very comfortable yet head hugging.

I felt the Pit Bull was a bit smaller than the Ten, or it just sat higher and the frame was more visible to me and blocked more of my vision.

I don't mind glasses touching my cheeks, that's how they block out more light coming in! My problem is that I have sensitive eyes and pairs that leave large gaps around the edges or don't conform to my face still let in enough light to bother me.

I also have a wide field of view. Wearing Radars bugs me because I can see the little pointy part of the frame where the icon is at, and the nose bridge is very visible. I had a crystal red XL frame and it was VERY annoying seeing all that bright red around the lens. M Frame Heater is about as good as it gets in terms of coverage and field of view, but I still have complaints about those.

You guys are awesome. Thanks for all the tips. I have a pair of Eyepatch 2's (clear purple with polarized lenses) and like the way they look. The thing I don't like about them is the fact that I need them "Asian Fit." I don't have much of a nose bridge, so the glasses sit too close to my face, and my eyelashes are pressed up against the lenses a lot.

I've had my eye on the Holbrook or the Jupiter Squared as well, but need to go try them on somewhere to make sure they fit correctly.

Thanks again everyone!

I say look into getting antix, or dispatch 1 or 2 for everyday sunglasses, also instead of going radarlock xl, get rid of all your radarlock path lens sell them on ebay and use that money to get radarlock pitch size lens, pitch lens look the best on bigger faces, path seem way to small. Hit me up on PM. I have a few extra pitch lenses.

djhyper, I'm the guy in Bellevue / Seattle that just bought a set of the radarlock pitch's off of you! Thanks for those again man, really liking them. Ordered a set of XL's too just to see what they're like and to get a side to side comparison regarding the size. That and I find that the radarlock's seem to get in the way of my vision when I'm in the drops while cycling. . .the top of the frame is almost in the middle of my field of vision, and I'm trying to see how much the XL's will help in that respect as well, as they are definitely taller up top.

djhyper, I'm the guy in Bellevue / Seattle that just bought a set of the radarlock pitch's off of you! Thanks for those again man, really liking them. Ordered a set of XL's too just to see what they're like and to get a side to side comparison regarding the size. That and I find that the radarlock's seem to get in the way of my vision when I'm in the drops while cycling. . .the top of the frame is almost in the middle of my field of vision, and I'm trying to see how much the XL's will help in that respect as well, as they are definitely taller up top.

I had a Radar XL, I haven't tried a lock frame yet, but the lenses don't extend much further down than the Pitch, the height they add up top is substantial but not enormous. They're definitely worth a try if you have a problem with the regular frame blocking your vision. And if the Radarlock XL lenses are the same as the standard Radar XL they've got anti-fog coating to help cut down on fog.

I've always felt I have a big head. Most L/XL fitted hats are very tight on my head, and I have to stretch them out. I've worn Juliets for seven years, and I've felt that I pull them off just fine. However, when I got my Monster Dogs awhile back, I got constant comments from family and friends at how the new frames "fit me" very well. I feel that Monster Dogs are a good medium size frame that can work with a small or large head. I'll try and get a picture of them on me later, and post it here.

Back