• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Frogskins 35th Limited Edition available on Oakley.com

:mad:, I'm a little bit mad.
They are not serialized, it's exactly the LE model (Gold and black) but no serial number.
I'm disappointed, it's suppose to be a limited edition serialized, the website is misleading.
I'll try to reach Oakley, i'm scare to fall in Luxottica and never really get an answer.
For the other who ordered a pair, keep us up to date.

So, I talked to customer service at Oakley, She said that's strange because in the system, the amount of 35thLE remaining fit's with the 350 originally issued. I'll send them back and they will ship me a other pair.
Fingers cross.

So, I talked to customer service at Oakley, She said that's strange because in the system, the amount of 35thLE remaining fit's with the 350 originally issued. I'll send them back and they will ship me a other pair.
Fingers cross.
Hopefully you can get yours corrected. I just had a conversation with support to confirm serial etching, in hopes to prevent them from sending me a non-serialized version, since my order has not shipped yet. I got the corporate run-around answer that they can't check orders at the warehouse before shipping but if there's a problem, I can ship them back for a replacement or refund. Wasn't trying to sound like a Karen, but just ship me the right ones the first time so we avoid the refund/exchange, ya know?

The fact that you received a non-serial has me wondering if they're misleading people and/or forgot to update the product description.

It does say on the product description that they are serialized.
Screenshot_20210309-194213_Samsung Internet.jpg

The etching should be in both the box (blue marker) and on the inner left earstem.
16153478609716996275640837796216.jpg
16153479360496148788412155030560.jpg

Yep @Oaksaurus55

I talked to a supervisor (Karen back at it again lol) at Customer Support and they said they have not received any other complaints about this issue. I know Vincent spoke with support about this problem, so there's at least 1 complaint. They are having me send the sunglasses back and will issue a refund. They are going to investigate further and get back with me to let me know if there are any serialized versions and what can be done from here.

For the record, I understand that Oakley has had limited releases in the past where only a certain number of special edition sunglasses are released and then standard sunglasses are sold after the special editions sell out. The problem for me is that the product overview on the website specifically states that these will be serialized. On top of that, Lux is hiking the price on these particular frogs because of the special features, including the serial number. The product is being misrepresented and that's what I told the supervisor.

I'll keep y'all updated on what comes of this but from my conversation with the super, I highly doubt there are any left with serial numbers. Sticking to my original assumption, I think they were all sold in Feb/March of 2020

Last edited: