• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Frogskins Ti

As of right now I can not.
However we could go a long way in that direction.
Not to mention the fact that they are still available for purchase after being released a year ago.
Wtf?!
Common sense says that if these were indeed limited to 500 that they would be sold out months ago.
I’ll tell you one thing I have learned from this is that I’ll never again purchase something that is advertised as “limited” unless it is also
Numbered.
There are those on this thread that have called me ridiculous for saying what I’m saying. That “Lux” is too big of a company to be held accountable because they have more money and more lawyers.
It infuriates me that in this day and age where we have the ability to communicate on a forum like this, that we don’t use it to even try to right this wrong.
I guess we really do deserve to be lied to and robbed since so many of us seem to be totally ok with this con job.

I support your stance and I say go for it if you can get Lux to be accountable. The burden is on you to prove Lux did something wrong with the 500 number, but they have way too many “outs” from that number so the task of proving things will be very difficult even if you can show more that 500 sold. Still I think a lot of us are hoping you can do something with it and get Lux to change their marketing practices.

Of course it can be proven.
Why not?
Has counting become impossible?
Has everyone become so lazy and complacent that we just let these billion dollar company’s walk up to us tell us that they are our best friend then rob us while they us bend over and simply walk away like nothing happened?
I mean what the F people?
What happened to dignity and pride?
What happened to being held accountable?
Someone rips you off and you do nothing cause they have more money and more lawyers then you do?
Let’s just start by simply counting this out on this thread.
There is nothing left to lose.
You already gave them $400 for about $4 bucks worth of titanium and glass.
During discovery they would have to hand over production information. It would be pretty easy to find out via a lawyer to be honest.

As of right now I can not.
However we could go a long way in that direction.
Not to mention the fact that they are still available for purchase after being released a year ago.
Wtf?!
Common sense says that if these were indeed limited to 500 that they would be sold out months ago.
I’ll tell you one thing I have learned from this is that I’ll never again purchase something that is advertised as “limited” unless it is also
Numbered.
There are those on this thread that have called me ridiculous for saying what I’m saying. That “Lux” is too big of a company to be held accountable because they have more money and more lawyers.
It infuriates me that in this day and age where we have the ability to communicate on a forum like this, that we don’t use it to even try to right this wrong.
I guess we really do deserve to be lied to and robbed since so many of us seem to be totally ok with this con job.
Wasn't the only email that actually gave the number "500" in Europe?

The US email just said "Limited Edition" or some ****.

Also, I have 1 pair.

So has anyone seen or received confirmation from Oakley that theses frogskins Ti are indeed limited to 500 units.
Other then the direct email I received from Oakley I have not seen or heard any confirmation. Even that email, when clicked on ends up redirecting me because “ it looks as though this page does not exist”

View attachment 915174

View attachment 915175
Nope, must have been something else.

Back